Home theater with Khorns

jebartist

On 1/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, o0O Bill O0o said:

No need for a center channel, just stick with the two pair.

----

Background:

I dug through some old photos to find one of my many versions of a Klipschorn Home Theater. 

Starting with..At one point I had a 5.1 Klipschorn left and right, and LaScala for everything else. I used a horn loaded subwoofer as well. Throughout the years I returned to just the Klipschorns. Mostly for the simplicity. 

I think they were about 18' apart. Anyways, I felt no need for a center. The speaker plain rocks. Music or Movies.

Today, I have a "latest and greatest" tech type home theater.  I moved, a while back, and I still have all the gear, just sitting in the garage until I get the itch again. This forum topic is feeding that monster. So much so I did do a rendering. 

IMG_0308.jpeg

IMG_7029.jpeg

IMG_7028.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 1.27.37 PM.png

That’s a nice looking setup ,cute pic of the youngster, and protective gate🤓I see that you went absolute biggest screen possible 👍 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been on here in ages.  Fun to come back around, see old names and find an interesting conversation like this one.  I have an all Heritage theater too.  Front stage of 3 LaScalas.  I've compared my Heresies in the center vs my LaScala center.  It's not even close, and I would do whatever necessary to use a LaScala.  I'm not as impressed with Heresies as the rest of the world seems.  I do use them for surrounds though.  

Have you considered a hanging tv mount that would allow it to be moved off the wall and closer to the seating?  You might then have the depth needed?  If necessary, flipping the LS onto it's side?  Or switching video display to a projector and transparent screen?  

Interested to see where you end up.  No doubt you will have one amazing sounding theater!  I'll never trade mine!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My TV is already mounted to the wall with a mount that will allow the TV to be pulled away from the wall. Reason for that is because the wall is a 5' knee wall. The mount is as high as it can be.

I've decided to use a La Scala as a center channel. I'll have to remove the TV from the wall and use the TV base. I'll just sit the TV on top of the La Scala.

The Heresy has no comparison to any of the other Heritage line speakers. Heresy's are ok speakers, but not in my system. It's quite anemic.

Now I just have to find a La Scala

• Like 1

• If there is just one person watching the movie, just the two Klipschorns in front would probably be O.K.
  • If there is more than one person watching, you may need a center channel to anchor the dialog to the center as perceived from the side seats.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:42 AM, garyrc said:
  • If there is just one person watching the movie, just the two Klipschorns in front would probably be O.K.
  • If there is more than one person watching, you may need a center channel to anchor the dialog to the center as perceived from the side seats.

2 Klipschorns would not be ok. A processor requires a center channel if in a surround mode and I'm not interested in watching movies in stereo.

On 2/28/2022 at 11:38 PM, jebartist said:

My TV is already mounted to the wall with a mount that will allow the TV to be pulled away from the wall. Reason for that is because the wall is a 5' knee wall. The mount is as high as it can be.

I've decided to use a La Scala as a center channel. I'll have to remove the TV from the wall and use the TV base. I'll just sit the TV on top of the La Scala.

The Heresy has no comparison to any of the other Heritage line speakers. Heresy's are ok speakers, but not in my system. It's quite anemic.

Now I just have to find a La Scala

Glad to hear that you decided to go with the Lascala center . Khorn Lascala front , is about as good as it gets , nice looking setup overall 🤓

• Like 1