Belle Klipsch cabinets

On 8/8/2021 at 11:17 AM, Coytee said:

Now, if you want to get creative....you can enlarge the opening on top and pop a K510 in there.

that good eh --   I have a few k510 coming soon ,  not a bad idea --better than a k-400 you say -

Me personally,

K33 woofer such as the one Dave A posted or replacement from Crites

I bet if you search the forum garage sale, there may be a pair of Eliptrac 400s for sale that are designed as a drop in replacement. THere was even a complete set of drivers, horns, and crossovers for a resonable price.  

New grill cloth and call it a day.  Having stock lascala and this Belle setup gives you the opportunity to decide what  you do/don't like about either. 

Belle Fastlane Eliptrac 400 top section/grill - Garage Sale - The Klipsch Audio Community

And incase those are sold

Eliptrac 400 Pair Finished New - Garage Sale - The Klipsch Audio Community

A smoking deal with everything you need, drivers, crossovers, horns, etc...

WTS: DIY Cornscala's St. Louis, MO - Garage Sale - The Klipsch Audio Community

Just my 2 cents

There’s always the “JuBelle” option.  That’s where you replace/don’t buy the stock squawkers, tweeters, and crossovers.  Instead, you get a pair of K510 Jubilee horns with K-69-A or K-691 drivers.  They have a wide enough range to cover what both stock drivers cover and more, especially on the top end.  The only cabinet mod is to the HF motorboard, to accommodate the one large horn instead of the two smaller ones.  You could mod the stock motorboards, or just make up two new ones.  It would be fairly easy to make them out of plywood.

Then you buy a new or used electronic crossover (you just need one, because it can serve both speakers), and a second power amplifier, because this is a bi-amped setup.  This is a well-known arrangement, so very little guesswork is involved.  Going from 3-way to 2-way eliminates one transition point, so the phase shift associated with that is gone.  As well, the two drivers I mentioned are from Klipsch’s Pro Theater line, and are higher-performance units than the stock parts.  If you don’t mind the extra complication, you can have a pair of Belles that sound very noticeably better than the stock ones.

One very cool feature of this setup is that it’s invisible.  The speakers look exactly the same as stock ones.  The picture Coytee posted shows a speaker with the top section removed, but that’s unnecessary.  The K510 horn will fit inside the standard Belle cabinet, and the grille cloth will hide the difference.  However, once you power up the system, the difference will be obvious, and very pleasant.

• Like 3

This is what I use on top of my Belle bass bins for surround loudspeakers in my 5.2 array, except I'm using a single AMT-1 without wings presently:

The advantage of the AMT-1 is that it has outstanding cleanness of response and the SPL/phase response (i.e., its transfer function) is extremely flat over the 600-20000 Hz bandwidth, with only some flattening EQ required to achieve really outstanding SPL and phase response...which can be performed at the preamp:

Stacked and Winged AMT-1 Assy PEQs from REW.JPG

In terms of bang-for-buck, I know of nothing else that comes close, especially considering that the AMT-1 replaces both the midrange and tweeter drivers/horns, avoiding the polar coverage/lobing problems and all the other issues of using two horns to do what one horn and easily do (like the Jubilee does).  The only downside in this case is fairly narrow vertical polar coverage, but on the flip side, ceiling and floor bounce are no longer issues, so low ceilings and bare floors are much more easily handled than the stock Heritage midrange/tweeter configuration with its pattern-flipping midrange horn issues.

Chris

On 8/10/2021 at 8:54 PM, RandyH said:

-----while you're at it , ask themave  if they have some k501 - that's the horn for those speakers - 

I can assure you those and the K-500 are nonexistent at Klipsch and have been for many years. Ebay is about the best bet for them or from someone that just happens to be swapping their mids and tweeters out of their Belles. 

If I were to do it again, I'd go a 2-way route.  

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

I can assure you those and the K-500 are nonexistent at Klipsch and have been for many years. Ebay is about the best bet for them or from someone that just happens to be swapping their mids and tweeters out of their Belles. 

If I were to do it again, I'd go a 2-way route.  

we can also  suggest to the OP   @rickstersas    to place a wanted ad in the GARAGE SALE section for a pair of  k500 or k-501  -

56 minutes ago, Dave A said:

@avguytx

I see in a past post of your you used the 501 horn from the KP-450 for Belles. Is this correct? I have three 450 HF top sections with OEM crossovers here and I was wondering what to do with them.

That couldn't have been me as mine are still a 3-way setup with stock K-500 horns, K-33 woofers, A55G mid drivers and CT120 tweeters.  I've often thought of making them a 2-way...if I keep them.  I may just sell the clones or part them out and figure out something to do with the cabinets.

Also, now that I think about it, it's a K-510 horn in the KP-450 top sections...not a 501.