The New Jubilee

artto

10 hours ago, RandyH said:

the Cinema Industry will love this speaker , if they release it in a Pro Version   , it's perfect for smaller  size  theaters -

There has been a Pro version of the original Jubilee design for years.  Search for Jubilee on this page: https://www.klipsch.com/pro/cinema/behind-the-screen. Apparently, they didn't love it as the Pro version is now discontinued. 

10 hours ago, richieb said:

The New Jubilee now has me thinking - what might the interest be in pre-owned traditional Jubilees? 

That is a very interesting question. So let's speculate. The "old version" with a DSP is about $20-25 K less than the "new version", although the old version may no longer be available (the last several months has had contradictory info about availability). The price of the new version simply crosses the line for many of us. While the old version may not sound as good as the new, they still sound pretty darn good. I have enjoyed them for over ten years and I feel they are one of the best speakers that I have ever heard. I think most Jubilee owners will agree with that statement.  

Given the cost of the new version, my speculation is that very few used Jubilees will come on the market (not worth the "upgrade")  The few that do come up for sale will command a hefty price. Even with a hefty used price on an "old" Jubilee, their value (performance divided by price), will still be a very good buy. 

Of course this is just speculation. Over the years, very few used Jubilees come on the market so it will be hard to see any sort of trend. This is further confounded by a more general trend. - does there continue to be an interest in "big speakers". Ultimately, I am afraid that big speakers may be going the way of dinosaurs. 

Good luck,

-Tom

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Ultimately, I am afraid that big speakers may be going the way of dinosaurs. 

Yep, very often I get that reaction:"What, you still have a stereo/ speakers? Just use soundbar (or worse Bluetooth speakers) at home!" 

But once they get to listen to their own music on my system... Surprise, surprise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

There has been a Pro version of the original Jubilee design for years

When Klipsch didn't release it in the consumer market, it was being produced solely for the commercial/industrial market. It was Chief Bonehead who got them out into people's homes. He has worked hard to get this out there, especially as it was/is the next step up from the Klipschorn

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 7:48 PM, Marvel said:

@artto
  I think these Jubilee clones look better than the new ones (ignoring the technical improvements Roy D. has made over the originals. 

DSCN2200.JPG

Why thanks Bruce. A labor of Love. Some Bonehead once told me he thought PWK would approve of the looks.

• Like 4

On 8/9/2021 at 4:47 AM, PrestonTom said:

Given the cost of the new version, my speculation is that very few used Jubilees will come on the market (not worth the "upgrade")  The few that do come up for sale will command a hefty price. Even with a hefty used price on an "old" Jubilee, their value (performance divided by price), will still be a very good buy

I find this to a very interesting topic, also. Jubilee owners have been "somewhat" quiet on the new Jubilee's, is my impression. If the used price was respectable, I could be tempted. I would just put my LaScala's back in the living room and buy a horn loaded subwoofer...Maybe. Lol...

My Jubilee's are almost a year old now.  In the beginning I listened to them with the out of the box setting on the Xilica 4080.  They sounded great!  About 4 months in I got generous support from ChrisA here and utilized REW and tuned them to my listening room.  This took them to another level.  Another month or so and I added dual Sunfire subs to get the bottom lowered since I don't have them corner loaded.  Leveled up again.   Then a month or so ago I installed a pair of the Celestion AXi 2050 drivers and did another round of tuning with ChrisA.  I am very satisfied with the system and feel very fortunate that I was able to pull the trigger when I did. 

I think its great that Roy and Klipsch continue to improve the heritage line and have placed the new Jubilee's at the top.  It seems the pricing may be the result of the estimation of the value these bring to the high end market.  I do know that if mine were priced in that neighborhood, I would not have them.  I am at about 11k all in on mine and am OK with that,  I don't think the bang for the buck can be beat at that price assuming you like horn based systems.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 5:29 AM, AndreG. said:

But once they get to listen to their own music on my system... Surprise, surprise.

As I posted in a different thread a few weeks back my BIL and SIL were visiting from Peru. My SIL said WOW! after a listening session with the Jubes. Brought a huge smile to my face. Thank you again PWK and @Chief bonehead

• Like 1

I guess what I'm saying about the new Jubilee (cosmetic wise) is, as an architect, this is something Frank Lloyd Wright would call "half-baked".

And as I also mentioned, at the price point this looks to be selling at, it could (should?) look a lot cooler.

Also, I should mention that "for me" I don't really care that much about the looks in my situation. All my racks of hardware are off to the side out of line-of-sight, and the speakers are actually silhouetted with back lighting flooding the wall behind them. I don't want to see this stuff. For me, that enhances the so-called "illusion". Don't need my eyes closed to "see" the orchestra.

Make that K-402 tractrix out of rosewood or something, a show piece, like the original one. Even if it costs more. So-called "high-end" audio doesn't really exist anymore. It's morphed into something called "luxury audio". Why stop at $35K?

I think the new Jubilee's looks fantastic, I already have mine on order, also for me it's all abiut the sound, as long as I can get as close to the artist as possible that's all that matters

Well done Klipsch and Roy, I'm sure the new Jubilee's will blow our minds 

Can't wait! 

• Like 6