The New Jubilee

artto

On 8/9/2021 at 7:16 AM, MMurg said:

There has been a Pro version of the original Jubilee design for years.  Search for Jubilee on this page: https://www.klipsch.com/pro/cinema/behind-the-screen. Apparently, they didn't love it as the Pro version is now discontinued. 

It might be worth noting that the "original Jubilee" design....was designed for residential use.  It was icing on the cake that it also happened to be good enough for commercial use.  I don't believe there was a "pro" version of the Jubilee....  The "pro" version was the same version as the residential.

(how would those pro use locations felt about using a lowly home speaker for their sound??!!!)

:unsure2:

• Like 1

My take on the appearance is this....

I hand you an egg.  You want to redesign it.....however since form follows function it might be hard to improve on the egg lest you add french doors, maybe a rear spoiler or a roots type blower.....otherwise it's design pretty much rules how it looks.

That's my take on the Jubilee.  Form is following function and to put any lipstick on it is just going to make it look like it's got lipstick on it.  (even the Khorn looks essentially identical to what it was 75 ago)

Besides, it sounds okay!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

It might be worth noting that the "original Jubilee" design....was designed for residential use.  It was icing on the cake that it also happened to be good enough for commercial use.  I don't believe there was a "pro" version of the Jubilee....  The "pro" version was the same version as the residential.

(how would those pro use locations felt about using a lowly home speaker for their sound??!!!)

:unsure2:

Agreed.  I only call it the "Pro" version because it was only included in the Klipsch professional cinema product line as Klipsch did not decide to market it as a consumer line product until now.

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

Marketed pro or not, many here it seems took advantage of hearing it at pilgrimage, incorporating it in home and whatever space could begin to accommodate it's presence.

In my limited opinion.

Agreed as well.  I have a preorder in for a pair of Heritage Jubilee.  🙂 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

some people just like to complain.......

Yep. And some people just like to complain about other people complaining.

IMO, aesthetically speaking, Klipsch can do better on this. Looks half-baked.

6 hours ago, Coytee said:

My take on the appearance is this....

I hand you an egg.  You want to redesign it.....however since form follows function it might be hard to improve on the egg lest you add french doors, maybe a rear spoiler or a roots type blower.....otherwise it's design pretty much rules how it looks.

That's my take on the Jubilee.  Form is following function and to put any lipstick on it is just going to make it look like it's got lipstick on it.  (even the Khorn looks essentially identical to what it was 75 ago)

Besides, it sounds okay!

“Form Follows Function” is a design principal from the late 19th century (coined by an architect, Louis Sullivan).

However as renown industrial designer Raymond Loewy later pointed out, product designs are bound by functional constraints of math, materials and logic, but their acceptance is constrained by social expectations.

He also made the point that for very new technologies, they should be as familiar as possible, but for familiar technologies (ie: Klipschorn, Jubilee, "Heritage"), they should be made surprising. He went on to say if one honestly tried to apply “form follows function” one has the potential to put their clients (company) out of business.

And as far as "lipstick" goes, to me, that's exactly what that front panel the 402 is attached to looks like.

2 hours ago, RandyH said:

can you please tell us what is the street  price  .......tx

I don't feel it's my place to announce the pricing on a public forum until Klipsch does.  I'm pretty sure all Certified Heritage Dealers have the pricing and will tell you if you enquire.

24 minutes ago, RandyH said:

nothing to do with love   -----covid  lockdown in the Movie/Theatre  industry lasted 18 months  -

If it was COVID lockdown then that should have caused more cinema products to be discontinued.  I have only heard of the KPT-JUBILEE/535-B being discontinued.

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, artto said:

Yep. And some people just like to complain about other people complaining.

IMO, aesthetically speaking, Klipsch can do better on this. Looks half-baked.

And that’s your opinion. So don’t buy one and move on because I guarantee you, you have no idea why it is the way it is. None. So all you have left......is to complain. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I don't feel it's my place to announce the pricing on a public forum until Klipsch does.  I'm pretty sure all Certified Heritage Dealers have the pricing and will tell you if you enquire.

ok --I did not realize that it was a guarded secret -excuse  me  for asking   

3 minutes ago, RandyH said:

ok --I did not realize that it was a guarded secret -excuse  me  for asking   

I'm not sure if it's a "guarded secret".  However, the dealer asked me not to post the pricing online yet since Klipsch hasn't officially launched the product.  This dealer has been good to me so I'm going to do as they asked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

And that’s your opinion. So don’t buy one and move on because I guarantee you, you have no idea why it is the way it is. None. So all you have left......is to complain. 

Oh Really?

So you think (guarantee) I have no idea why it is the way it is? Try me. How much money do you have?

First of all, I'm not complaining, although I can understand where YOU are coming from because this is your baby, and so you're probably offended. Too bad. I won't cut you any slack just because you're chief bonehead. I treat everyone equally. You included.

I think someone could have done better as far as the looks go. And in this day and age, the way the "high-end" luxury audio market is, well it's now about more than just "audio", especially in that price range.

And for the record, I am not going to buy one (or two or three) until I've heard it. If it exceeds what I currently have, I'll consider it.

And, on top of that, if it weren't for people like me, you probably wouldn't even have a job at Klipsch because Klipsch as we know it would have been up the creek a long time ago without us. It's people like me who've been buying Klipsch for the last half century, having friends, family, or nearly complete strangers come over and listen,  and then went out and bought KLIPSCH, lots of it, and that was even before I constructed a dedicated, purpose built "Klipschorn Room" for anyone to hear these things at their best, and before you were at Klipsch.

Yes, that's MY opinion. I stated so at the very beginning of my post. I'm trying to help here.

• Sad 1

When I first saw the "original" Jubilee (with the rosewood horn) I thought "WOW! Is that a new Klipschorn? COOL."

It was retro. It looked modern. It looked elegant.

OTOH, when I fist saw the current new Jubilee I thought "WTF?". And then some time later, the price. And I'm thinking, "Really?"

That is and was my initial gut reaction to those products.

I'm trying to help you avoid a white elephant. And right now it looks like a very expensive white elephant to me.

File under "curbside appeal".

• Klipsch Employees
39 minutes ago, artto said:

Oh Really?

So you think (guarantee) I have no idea why it is the way it is? Try me. How much money do you have?

First of all, I'm not complaining, although I can understand where YOU are coming from because this is your baby, and so you're probably offended. Too bad. I won't cut you any slack just because you're chief bonehead. I treat everyone equally. You included.

I think someone could have done better as far as the looks go. And in this day and age, the way the "high-end" luxury audio market is, well it's now about more than just "audio", especially in that price range.

And for the record, I am not going to buy one (or two or three) until I've heard it. If it exceeds what I currently have, I'll consider it.

And, on top of that, if it weren't for people like me, you probably wouldn't even have a job at Klipsch because Klipsch as we know it would have been up the creek a long time ago without us. It's people like me who've been buying Klipsch for the last half century, having friends, family, or nearly complete strangers come over and listen,  and then went out and bought KLIPSCH, lots of it, and that was even before I constructed a dedicated, purpose built "Klipschorn Room" for anyone to hear these things at their best, and before you were at Klipsch.

Yes, that's MY opinion. I stated so at the very beginning of my post. I'm trying to help here.

Like I said....no idea....but thanks to you for keeping klipsch afloat all these years....my bass boat also thanks you....by the way...it is Mr K’s last design. Not mine. 

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
36 minutes ago, artto said:

When I first saw the "original" Jubilee (with the rosewood horn) I thought "WOW! Is that a new Klipschorn? COOL."

It was retro. It looked modern. It looked elegant.

OTOH, when I fist saw the current new Jubilee I thought "WTF?". And then some time later, the price. And I'm thinking, "Really?"

That is and was my initial gut reaction to those products.

I'm trying to help you avoid a white elephant. And right now it looks like a very expensive white elephant to me.

File under "curbside appeal".

The stock price in white elephants just went up and up.....thanks for the “help”

30 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Like I said....no idea....but thanks to you for keeping klipsch afloat all these years....my bass boat also thanks you....by the way...it is Mr K’s last design. Not mine. 

You're welcome.

And if you can seriously guarantee I have no idea..............what's the problem?

I just dropped the gauntlet. And all you can come back with is I have no idea?

I'm talking about appearance, cosmetics here, not physics. Surely someone as smart as you can do something to make this thing look better than some very talented DIY guy who has a nice wood workshop. This looks more like a souped up version of a Klipschorn Model D that someone builds into a wall. My opinion of course. But hey, who am I? Oh, yeah, I used to design things for a living. Things that people like and enjoy and love to live and play in. I don't know anything about good looks (or form and function). I guess that's one of the primary differences between architects and engineers.