The New Jubilee

artto

59 minutes ago, artto said:

You're welcome.

And if you can seriously guarantee I have no idea..............what's the problem?

I just dropped the gauntlet. And all you can come back with is I have no idea?

I'm talking about appearance, cosmetics here, not physics. Surely someone as smart as you can do something to make this thing look better than some very talented DIY guy who has a nice wood workshop. This looks more like a souped up version of a Klipschorn Model D that someone builds into a wall. My opinion of course. But hey, who am I? Oh, yeah, I used to design things for a living. Things that people like and enjoy and love to live and play in. I don't know anything about good looks (or form and function). I guess that's one of the primary differences between architects and engineers.

You made your point. Now STFU.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RandyH said:

very sad remark -

Sad?

What's so sad?

I think it could look better than a dressed up Khorn Model D. And others apparently are OK with it.

I'm just sayin', for that kind of money (or a little bit more) this could be turned into something really special. Appropriately.

1 minute ago, geezin' said:

You made your point. Now STFU.

LMAO.

Apparently I haven't made my point yet. And I'm the one who started this thread. So maybe you should take your own advice.

17 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I love the looks of the Jubilee especially in black… 👏😄

miketn

Mike ......I wonder what klipsch uses to make the black contour of the k-402 frame  ,is it painted ? , or is that fabric ? --- and notice that the k-402 is flush mounted

12 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Mike ......I wonder what klipsch uses to make the black contour of the k-402 frame  ,is it painted ? , or is that fabric ? --- and notice that the k-402 is flush mounted

RandyH… I believe these pictures are just concept images Klipsch released earlier this year. K402 looks mounted from the rear to me in these images.

28 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

RandyH… I believe these pictures are just concept images Klipsch released earlier this year. K402 looks mounted from the rear to me in these images.

Yes , you're right ,flush mounted to the frame of the K402  --

11 hours ago, Coytee said:

It might be worth noting that the "original Jubilee" design....was designed for residential use.  It was icing on the cake that it also happened to be good enough for commercial use.

And yet many are still confused by the misinformation so easily spread on forums and social media groups…😔

As Roy told us early owners they aren’t for the faint of heart… 😎

Jubilee user since 2006…. 👍😄

miketn

949843A4-3A02-4546-8079-90F4943C9550.thumb.jpeg.74d1001371e9fd8813054f357fcf8e5f.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

And that’s your opinion. So don’t buy one and move on because I guarantee you, you have no idea why it is the way it is. None.

Hey Roy does this feel like “deja vu” some will get it and some will never get it…!!!

Jubilee are not for the “Faint Of Heart” but are for the 1% PWK referenced  long ago…!!!

miketn 🙂

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
1 minute ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Hey Roy does this feel like “deja vu” some will get it and some will never get it…!!!

Jubilee are not for the “Faint Of Heart” but are for the 1% PWK referenced  long ago…!!!

miketn 🙂

This post did remind me of the those “posts in the day” of the original jub. Boy those were fun!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

This post did remind me of the those “posts in the day” of the original jub. Boy those were fun!!!!!

The ye olde Warthog days 8-) I miss Maron...

Can't wait to hear the new and improved warthog.

It's funny that as Jubilee owners we have all had the experience of introducing good sound to the younger generation. It's fun to see the expression on their faces and hear the exclamations that it sounds like "you are there".

I know that my nieces and nephews "get it", but I doubt they are actually going to take out their checkbooks. For instance my niece's husband thought the Heresy was too large. I had to remind him that in my world the Heresy was bookshelf speaker. 

Big speakers, now matter how good they sound, may be going the way of dinosaurs. I hope I am wrong, but I might be right ....

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees
2 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

It's funny that as Jubilee owners we have all had the experience of introducing good sound to the younger generation. It's fun to see the expression on their faces and hear the exclamations that it sounds like "you are there".

I know that my nieces and nephews "get it", but I doubt they are actually going to take out their checkbooks. For instance my niece's husband thought the Heresy was too large. I had to remind him that in my world the Heresy was bookshelf speaker. 

Big speakers, now matter how good they sound, may be going the way of dinosaurs. I hope I am wrong, but I might be right ....

Either way.....klipsch will introduce Paul W Klipsch’s last design. And dinosaurs be damned!!  Lol!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I am a bit curious.

You were there and I wasn't, but certainly PWK must have heard all this stuff before  about "too big", etc. Was it simply dismissed as complaints by folks who lacked the passion or whatever? IOW, they were not part of the market he was interested in?

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
7 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I am a bit curious.

You were there and I wasn't, but certainly PWK must have heard all this stuff before  about "too big", etc. Was it simply dismissed as complaints by folks who lacked the passion or whatever? IOW, they were not part of the market he was interested in?

He never really thought about big. He thought was...... is necessary.....too accomplish the task. Think about this. Pick a $100.000 or $200,000 or $500,000 speaker.....where will the jub stand?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

He never really thought about big. He thought was...... is necessary.....too accomplish the task. 

Right after the first audiophile show we ever attended, my audiophile friends and I discussed our experience. Having listened to a wide variety of loudspeakers, we all came to the same conclusion: "You can't get big sound out of a small speaker."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Sure the hell hope you are wrong. I have been seeing the prices on large vintage klipsch, tannoy and JBL as an example climb sharply in my neck of the woods.  Seems Cory is quite busy as well and sales are strong.  US Audio Mart as a whole seems bustling.  I think all is well thus far.