The New Jubilee

artto

4 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

The New Jubilee looks really good and I am willing to bet that it sounds excellent.

I bet it does as well. I hear and understand arttos point. Browse around the 30k to 50k speaker range and it isn't hard to understand what he is saying. I don't believe thay klipsch is trying to capture that market, nor have they ever. The latest jubilee is no exception. Nice work, performance first always, love it or hate it.   Klipsch. For 30k, it's comical what some of the offerings are however... Bookshelf speakers, tiny slim elegant "floortstanding" speakers.  That ain't me, I'll never be there. 

15 hours ago, artto said:

“Form Follows Function” is a design principal from the late 19th century (coined by an architect, Louis Sullivan).

However as renown industrial designer Raymond Loewy later pointed out, product designs are bound by functional constraints of math, materials and logic, but their acceptance is constrained by social expectations.

He also made the point that for very new technologies, they should be as familiar as possible, but for familiar technologies (ie: Klipschorn, Jubilee, "Heritage"), they should be made surprising. He went on to say if one honestly tried to apply “form follows function” one has the potential to put their clients (company) out of business.

And as far as "lipstick" goes, to me, that's exactly what that front panel the 402 is attached to looks like.

(said respectfully, not snarky)

Give us a couple renditions that the inner wild-child architect in you is suppressing!  

I enjoy seeing what Mike has done to his.  Mine are still stock/black/industrial (in reality, will probably stay that way)

The prettied up version that is in the picture next to PWK is nothing more than the industrial cabinet with some beauty panels attached to it. Pictures were taken of the unit that was sitting in his house when a group visited Ms Valerie.  No, we didn't just dissect it, as I recall it had gone silent and they were digging into it to double check the (passive) crossover that was residing inside the woofer chamber.

DSCN3483.JPG

DSCN3487.JPG

DSCN3492.JPG

Jubilee pwk.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

He never really thought about big. He thought was...... is necessary.....too accomplish the task. Think about this. Pick a $100.000 or $200,000 or $500,000 speaker.....where will the jub stand?

I'd like to solve the question.....  it will stand okay???

What did I win?

23 hours ago, artto said:

LMAO.

Apparently I haven't made my point yet. And I'm the one who started this thread. So maybe you should take your own advice.

Oh you've made your point clear. However you seem disappointed you've convinced no one to change their minds. So you prattle on saying the same old sh!~t over and over. TTFN...

2 hours ago, geezin' said:

Oh you've made your point clear. However you seem disappointed you've convinced no one to change their minds. So you prattle on saying the same old sh!~t over and over. TTFN...

I guess I am going to sound like an old guy. Forgive me.

Artto has been a respected member of the forum for a number of years. He is a bright guy and has actually done and put forth some fairly heroic efforts at taming room acoustic issues. Far more than most of the rest of us. I have always found his comments to be worthy of consideration.  Given that track record, you might want to listen to what Artto has to say. I did not say that you need to agree with it, but it is worthwhile to at least consider it. 

When we "buy things" all of us consider the the functionality as well as the appearance. This is true for cars and couches and everything else. When the item is pricey, then we are very careful in our consideration. Ultimately, there is no "correct answer". The functionality varies based on an individual's application. The issue of appearance is likewise, although we can get very, very  personal in our likes and dislikes.

I have no idea why this thread has become so contentious. Would we condemn our neighbor for preferring strawberry ice cream or chocolate? That is the level this has sunk to. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I have no idea why this thread has become so contentious. Would we condemn our neighbor for preferring strawberry ice cream or chocolate? That is the level this has sunk to. 

Simple Tom…….  artto posted a negative opinion and others have opinions that disagree thus the contentious thread was guaranteed from the beginning…

If you were at your home eating your chocolate ice cream and your neighbor stopped by and said chocolate ice cream was crap even though you never asked for his opinion what would you think..?

miketn 😄

• Klipsch Employees
3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Artto has been a respected member of the forum for a number of years. He is a bright guy and has actually done and put forth some fairly heroic efforts at taming room acoustic issues. Far more than most of the rest of us. I have always found his comments to be worthy of consideration.  Given that track record, you might want to listen to what Artto has to say. I did not say that you need to agree with it, but it is worthwhile to at least consider it. 

When we "buy things" all of us consider the the functionality as well as the appearance. This is true for cars and couches and everything else. When the item is pricey, then we are very careful in our consideration. Ultimately, there is no "correct answer". The functionality varies based on an individual's application. The issue of appearance is likewise, although we can get very, very  personal in our likes and dislikes.

Actually Tom. No. Artto came on a klipsch forum to complain about the looks of a product he will never buy. And in offering his opinion, he gets mine and others. Artto has tried to use his “rep” to justify his opinion and I quite frankly don’t care what his opinion is. Klipsch has designed a product. Quite a few people like the looks and can’t wait to hear them. It’s a done deal. I don’t have to listen to artto and he doesn’t have to listen to me. You start a contentious thread, you get a contentious response. I particularly don’t like his responses because the jub is a product near and dear to my heart....because of my mentor and dear friend Paul Klipsch. You don’t like the looks of the jub....go “female dog” somewhere else. Don’t climb into my bass boat and say you hate fishing.....simple eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not involved in this. 

I'm sure the "new" Jubilees will sound fantastic.  

I have had the "original" Jubilees for close to 15 years. I like the way they sound and will stick with them until I need to downsize (such an ugly word ....). In fact I think they are the best sounding speaker that I have ever heard I can say that as a fact. 

As far as opinions .... we all have opinions. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Maybe he was hoping they would looked like Destination Audio Vistas which he saw back in 2017? I did too, but at a different show. 

Most with an opinion here, had an opinion on those. Even a guy from DA Audio came in and explained, since we didn't have any idea how a quality speaker cabinet was made, how they did their cabinets. 

If you want a beautiful version of a corner bass bin, and large horn (full baked) but with inferior sound and specs it's 95K for speakers made in Poland.

If you want true full range speaker, the realization of PWK's last design and aspiration, that's made in the USA, with "half baked" looks, at 1/3 the price, The Jubilee is your answer.

This is America after all, we have choices. 

If Klipch had decided to go over the top on looks, make a 402 out of wood, it would be way over 100K. The responses from that thread lead me to believe there would be way more people complaining if they had gone that direction. 

On 8/15/2021 at 9:36 PM, PrestonTom said:

For instance my niece's husband thought the Heresy was too large. I had to remind him that in my world the Heresy was bookshelf speaker. 

My first speakers were JBL 4311s, and they were bookshelf speakers. That's what I've considered the Heresy as well.

I am sure the new ones will look nicer in person, and the size doesn't bother me at all (says the guy with MWMs in his house). I am also sure the sound will be incredible.

Bruce

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 9:31 PM, Edgar said:

Right after the first audiophile show we ever attended, my audiophile friends and I discussed our experience. Having listened to a wide variety of loudspeakers, we all came to the same conclusion: "You can't get big sound out of a small speaker."

When people ask me why the Jubilee's are so big I respond with the old muscle car adage, there is no replacement for displacement.

Dtel hit the nail on the head for ME...because in order for the NEW Jubilees to get down into the tens with bottom-end frequency response...there HAD TO BE a serious modification or MODIFICATIONS, involved in the bass bin horn design compared to that of the original Jubilee speaker bass bin.

If you HAD PAID CLOSE ATTENTION to the original Jubilee design as a "home speaker", then you  would have easily seen that the bass bin of the Pro-version had been modified from the original "home version" in its bass bin section...maybe even more than once, over time. And now we have the "demise" of the pro-version with this NEW home version taking its place...which, with its bass bin having been MAYBE just more than become a vented horn in the manner the sub-woofers for the pro-line have been done,   

So, for ME, at least, I am more curious about the changes made to the recent Pro Jube bass bin design to get it to go down so low in its bottom end that it meets true subwoofer status now.  This is a SIGNIFICANT change to the performance IMHO!

Also, I believe that Chief Bonehead made these changes knowing full well that they would have been totally approved of by PWK, were he still with us!  After all, PWK's desire was to produce a TWO-WAY fully horn-loaded design which could out-perform his original K-horn design by extending its performance to a much lower bottom-end and keeping its upper frequency performance at or above that capable by the original K-horn 3-way design.  That was the original goal to begin with!  So, I'm quite sure PWK would be happy with the bottom-end performance extending even lower than that of the original Jubilee bass bin!

I would just love to see exactly what kind of bass bin changes have occurred to achieve this, myself!  PLUS, I would ALSO be curious as to the possibility of a "decorator" version of the new Jubilee which could be "dolled-up" by the buyer...as a viable slightly lower cost option for the new Jubilee speakers...just saying...especially since I can envision a pro-version of this new Jubilee happening sooner or later!

After all, PWK himself offered decorator versions of his speakers for decades in order to let the purchaser do the "dolling-up" at a decent savings over "factory-dolled-up" models...as in the Heresy, Cornwall, and K-horn decorator versions.  For those of u complaining about the appearance of the new Jubes, then you can doll them up however you want to if this ends up being an option...doncha think??

So...instead of complaining about appearance...why not just jump on the "Decorator Jube" bandwagon, instead!

No matter WHAT happens, I trust that Roy has continued steering right on a straight course with the ORIGINAL INTENT of PWK in this new version of PWK's final design!

After all, it was advances in horn technology which allowed PWK to come up with a two-way design to eclipse his original three-way design of the K-horn...and since that initial last effort by PWK, things have advanced further in horn technology at the bottom end performance of the spectrum!

• Like 5

I trust Roy implicitly... I love the voicing of products in the Heritage line.

I would have wished though, that the original folded horn bass bin was still an option.

While I haven't heard, the new LF section... I have never met a folded horn I didn't like, especially those from Klipsch including the old Jubilee. I am no where near as adamant for ported designs even though they reach down further.

I wish nothing but the best for the new product launch and I am sure those that have never heard a jubilee before are going to be blown away.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Schu said:

I trust Roy implicitly... I love the voicing of products in the Heritage line.

I would have wished though, that the original folded horn bass bin was still an option.

While I haven't heard, the new LF section... I have never met a folded horn I didn't like, especially those from Klipsch including the old Jubilee. I am no where near as adamant for ported designs even though they reach down further.

I wish nothing but the best for the new product launch and I am sure those that have never heard a jubilee before are going to be blown away.

While I have no insight as to the “new” Jube design I can only imagine it to be a trickle down  of the 1502/1802 subwoofers, both vented designs. If indeed this is of similar concept then yes even those of us with “old” Jubes may well be blown away.  But alas, my old Jubes will need to suffice - 

• Like 2

the old  Jubilee can become an even better speaker  with  the Celestion Axi 2050  , roughly 2k$ for a pair  ,

klipsch should not have phased out the Heritage Jubilee 2020, since it  was the last PWK creation  , I truly believe that the  old Jubilee deserved to stay in the klipsch Heritage lineup for the next 50 years , why not ?