The New Jubilee

artto

12 hours ago, Bubo said:

Valve Amps Aus style ....

Fit and finish look nice

picks of the innards might be interesting

all direct wire ?

http://www.supratek.com.au/

I believe  @sunnysal  has (or had) a Supratek... I could also be wrong, bit I seem to remember him having a model. I know someone on here did.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:07 AM, Chief bonehead said:

There was never a jub in the heritage lineup. 

Thank you for making the  Heritage Jubilee as PWK intended , 35 years of R&D  is a very long time  -

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, RandyH said:

the old  Jubilee can become an even better speaker  with  the Celestion Axi 2050  , roughly 2k$ for a pair  ,

klipsch should not have phased out the Heritage Jubilee 2020, since it  was the last PWK creation  , I truly believe that the  old Jubilee deserved to stay in the klipsch Heritage lineup for the next 50 years , why not ?

Maybe so, but if you want to have a speaker ABOVE the venerable Khorn (like PWK wanted for the Jube), then making it bigger seems like the thing to do to help achieve a better performance down below.

I would suggest, however, that if Klipsch wants to compete in the near $40 Kilobuck price range with the Diamond Jube, they should fully enclose the back of the top horn and use Veneer on the whole thing (back side also). Also, there should be an Ultra Fine Mesh, Acoustically transparent Metal Grille over the "big tweeter on top" so it doesn't vibrate from the 350 Hz. Output. My Jube clones were veneered all over in Tiger Wood, and were totally gorgeous.

THAT would give it a much better Look to the people who are strangers to this forum and have a lot of money to spend.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Maybe so, but if you want to have a speaker ABOVE the venerable Khorn (like PWK wanted for the Jube), then making it bigger seems like the thing to do to help achieve a better performance down below.

-the older Jubilee is BIG  , the new Jubilee is HUGE  :D , 

I think that, in principle, the new jubilee has more freedom of positioning. I imagine a really luxuriously large living room. The new Jubilee can be placed in parallel in front of one of the walls. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the corners to send out enough low bass. The old Jubilee benefits from corner placement if you don't use a sub. In a medium-sized room, however, it is also present in the corners. It is not the footprint alone that creates the emotional impression of size. It is also the height, and in my case, that it is black. In my view, the old Jubilee is a technical marvel with a design all its own. It is not possible to integrate the Jubilee "aesthetically" in our living situation. On the contrary, the aesthetic is to create a technically functional counterpoint to the furniture. We succeeded well, with my wife's blessing. After 12 years, we took a break from visual dominance and that is why I am having fun gradually restoring my old 1977 Lascala to its (new) original condition. It seems so small and sweet in comparison.

But the Jubilees will never go as long as I can afford them, they are just stored... I'm also looking forward to my Jubilees as a future project. It's now a collection of nice components that I want to play with in nearer future. K69, K1133, Faital HF200 with Crites Passiv xover, TAD 4002 with Yamaha SP2060, several amps. Maybe I'll sell some of this parts when I've more or less "reached my goal". I want to experiment with different solid state amps including class D. Maybe I'll buy the new Celestion drivers because the weak point for me has always been the energy around 450 Hz of the K402. I know this because I got the Jubilees 13 years ago by mistake with K1133. Of course, the treble was not correct and the settings for the K69 were wrong for the K1133 anyway, but the energy that came out of the K402 around 500 Hz with the K1133 was not achieved by all the other drivers. It was a very emotional strong energy. E.g. (I also play some guitar) the Eric Clapton unplugged...you could feel with how much energy Clapton pressed the fingers of his left hand on the fretboard to create modulation and sustain on the acoustic guitar. Simply breathtaking. The by Roy newly chosen Celestion driver may convey similar emotions looking at its specs. For this reason alone (the huge K1133 energy around the bottom freq. of the K402) I was interested in the three-way solution. But its disadvantages would outweigh the benefits and in the end Paul W. Klipsch wanted to realise the intention of a two-way system...precisely because of its immense advantages of an almost point-like radiation.

BTW it is a bit heretical to say that the Jubilee, although larger, does not go deeper than the K-Horn. Because that was not PWK's aim, at least as I understand it. His aim was to develop a super good connection to the mid-high horn, and that is much more important and PWK has succeeded in this in a breathtaking way. It's the midrange frequencies that we live in.

I know many loudspeaker designs, but this quality of uniform radiation of energy, impulse and timing I only know with the Jubilees, basically no matter with which drivers.

I am still so grateful to Roy that he made it possible for me to ship the Jubs to Germany in 2008 and that I was "allowed" to buy the Jubs. I had sent Roy the link of my loving restoration of the 1977 Lascala and asked him if he could send a pair of Jubs to Cologne. Ten minutes later I got his very positive and so Kind reply. I had no idea at the time in 2008 how important the heritage philosophy is to Roy and the company in both senses of the word (the series and the commitment to tradition and authenticity). But I have always kind of shared it. Of course everyone should have fun with modifications and reversible modifications are a source of joy for me too...nothing else the Jubille community has always done. I think it's more about doing everything you do with a lot of knowledge about and respect for the original.

I will never forget Roy's efforts, thank you very much again!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

jubilee

-Claude , the new 2021 Jubilee specs -- 8,5 inches wider and 4,5 inches deeper versus the older Jubilee - height is very similar ---since the older specs  sheet show a 3 way Cinema versus that was 9 inches higher -

https://virtualvoxx.com/docs/premium-audio/Jubilee - Spec Sheet - v01-1.pdf

---HEIGHT 69” (175.26 cm) WIDTH 50” (127 cm) DEPTH 30” (76.2 cm) -------Jubilee  2021 

the old Jubilee -

--HEIGHT 77.25” (196.2cm) WIDTH 41.5” (105.4cm) DEPTH 24.5” (62.2cm) WEIGHT 260 lbs. (118 kg)

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/KPT-JUBILEE535-B-Data-Sheet-v05.pdf

2 hours ago, RandyH said:

-Claude , the new 2021 Jubilee specs -- 8,5 inches wider and 4,5 inches deeper versus the older Jubilee - height is very similar ---since the older specs  sheet show a 3 way Cinema versus that was 9 inches higher -

---HEIGHT 69” (175.26 cm) WIDTH 50” (127 cm) DEPTH 30” (76.2 cm) -------Jubilee  2021 

the old Jubilee -

--HEIGHT 77.25” (196.2cm) WIDTH 41.5” (105.4cm) DEPTH 24.5” (62.2cm) WEIGHT 260 lbs. (118 kg)

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/KPT-JUBILEE535-B-Data-Sheet-v05.pdf

Even with this "apples and oranges" comparison, my original point was CORRECT about the 1999 Jube footprint being similar to the Khorn in the corner. IOW, the forward protrusion is the same as part of the design spec. by PWK.

"The Klipsch History of the Jubilee Video"

The only thing worse than the Audiophiliac going blah blah blah with a Klipsch speaker NOT Playing in the background and listening only to TALK for 30 minutes, is a LONGER video with a guy talking with SKY in the background and NO speaker.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RandyH said:

the old Jubilee -

Well after gazing at that I will need a winning lotto ticket. For the speakers and the building to put them in. :blink:

20 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Well after gazing at that I will need a winning lotto ticket. For the speakers and the building to put them in. :blink:

Well, Roy said they will sound good in my smallish living room.  Now they just need to release the darn things.  In the video released at CES I heard availability in the "summer of 2021".  Labor Day and then the Autumnal Equinox are rapidly approaching... 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MMurg said:

Well, Roy said they will sound good in my smallish living room.  Now they just need to release the darn things.  In the video released at CES I heard availability in the "summer of 2021".  Labor Day and then the Autumnal Equinox are rapidly approaching... 

Historically,  pre-covid, they have run a quarter behind what they announce at CES.

I think you will find that with the Forte which was the last major new Heritage CES launch, it might have been two quarters.

Tommy Jacob's (VP of sales for PAC and KGI) has an awesome Podcast I highly reccomend, I will provide a link. In the most recent one, "Challenges" he mentions that he has 40 million of product on backorder. Meaning, Klipsch/PAC have customers who have ordered 40 million worth of product that they are desperately awaiting. Q3 and Q4 are their best quarters, like all of retail. 

They desperately want all of that product to come in, along with the components, pieces and puzzles for the Jubilee.

• Like 1