The New Jubilee

artto

36 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Historically,  pre-covid, they have run a quarter behind what they announce at CES.

I think you will find that with the Forte which was the last major new Heritage CES launch, it might have been two quarters.

Tommy Jacob's (VP of sales for PAC and KGI) has an awesome Podcast I highly reccomend, I will provide a link. In the most recent one, "Challenges" he mentions that he has 40 million of product on backorder. Meaning, Klipsch/PAC have customers who have ordered 40 million worth of product that they are desperately awaiting. Q3 and Q4 are their best quarters, like all of retail. 

They desperately want all of that product to come in, along with the components, pieces and puzzles for the Jubilee.

So I'm guessing I won't see my Jubilee until 2022.  Sad face.

28 minutes ago, RandyH said:

plus you have to clear it with the Wife ,  :D

Nope. Never married. I have a buncha motorcycles $800 fishing rods and cameras.....lots of cameras........lenses.....guns.....figured out when I was a teenager marriage just wasn't something I'd be into.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, geezin' said:

Nope. Never married. I have a buncha motorcycles $800 fishing rods and cameras.....lots of cameras........lenses.....guns.....figured out when I was a teenager marriage just wasn't something I'd be into.

Lol, Cool, as long as you are happy enough.

Was a confirmed bachelor at 25...and then... good fortune.

• Like 1

Oh I've nothing against marriage. Just watched my parents argue for decades over nothing and stay together "for the kids."  Cousins,sisters and other family marry repeatedly after each failure. Just thought it would be senseless to join that parade. Came close once and she left me for......not even another guy....drugs.  Happy? On occasion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, MMurg said:

So I'm guessing I won't see my Jubilee until 2022.  Sad face.

I'm not saying that, I have no idea, I'm just pointing out some of the factors at hand. I do know if Roy can make it right, without cutting corners, he will have it as soon as he can.

He's been working on it for 20 years. You are going to have some of the best sounding speakers on the planet, certainly untouchable for anything less than 75K. You have to be one of the first, if not first. My respect and admiration for that.

• Like 4

On 8/15/2021 at 9:52 PM, PrestonTom said:

I am a bit curious.

You were there and I wasn't, but certainly PWK must have heard all this stuff before  about "too big", etc. Was it simply dismissed as complaints by folks who lacked the passion or whatever? IOW, they were not part of the market he was interested in?

Let's us not forget that the Klipsch HERESY is the product that saved the company from bankruptcy, as told to me when I was 23 by Bob Moers, former President of Klipsch when he came to visit my dealer in Detroit.

For those who have the money and the space, I'm sure the new Diamond Jube will have killer sound.

The reason I suggested veneering the back side is to make sure they look good when not in corners as shown in the marketing video. So, contentious or not,  maybe I agree with the OP, just a little..........

So Chief, it's never too late to add better looking lumber to the backside as part of the aesthetic spec., assuming, sight unseen, that you have not already done so! Peace, Love, BEATLES!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

The reason I suggested veneering the back side is to make sure they look good when not in corners as shown in the marketing video.

From what I've heard, no one consulted Roy about showing non-corner placement in that video.  Apparently, these are still corner horns like the previous version and require corner placement for proper performance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

From what I've heard, no one consulted Roy about showing non-corner placement in that video.  Apparently, these are still corner horns like the previous version and require corner placement for proper performance.

Typical Marketing Departments, aye? That being said, I'm sure that with plenty of amplifier power these days, they could be set up out of corners and perform with lower distortion than 99% of all the "hornless" speakers in the market!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Let's us not forget that the Klipsch HERESY is the product that saved the company from bankruptcy, as told to me when I was 23 by Bob Moers, former President of Klipsch when he came to visit my dealer in Detroit.

Also, when I came in to order my own Khorns that year, the sales guy was lamenting to me that people simply would not accept the logic of buying LaScalas with a low power receiver, but instead bought Heresys with expensive HIgh Power Crown Amplification, even though the LaScala's package was way cheaper and could play much louder with lower distortion. 

You will never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the average Consumer! LOL.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Typical Marketing Departments, aye? That being said, I'm sure that with plenty of amplifier power these days, they could be set up out of corners and perform with lower distortion than 99% of all the "hornless" speakers in the market!

I remember the first get together, almost 25 years ago when we all listened to KPT-KHJ-LF in assorted configurations, including the Khorn Lab Standard in right corner, doing A/B.

@bhendrix reminded me recently that Roy told us at that time the KHJ bass bin had 1/10 the distortion of the Khorn.

The new vented single 12 bass bin will probably be 1/10 of that.

That class made it instantly clear why PWK was so obsessed about reducing distortion, and trying to prove Klipsch's law Re: the inverse relationship between efficiency and distortion. 

It was also clear that we calibrate to what we grew up with, and what we listen to in the current rotation.

There was at least one friend there that preferred the DR thump of Roy's cinema sub he created for THX pro cinema certification. 

• Like 2