The New Jubilee

artto

• Moderators
8 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

I just saw that. I have no idea on how to "read the tea leaves". With all due respect to Travis, it sounds like he is guessing.

Does your dealer have a better idea? (I assume these are not purchased directly from the Klipsch Factory). Either way good luck and who knows but you might get an early Christmas surprise. 

-Tom

I have no direct knowledge. I'm only going by their last four "new" Heritage announcements and how the Museum Editions interacted with those launches. It's an educated guess, mixed with assumptions, conjecture and speculation. That being said, if I were @MMurg I would be optimistic. 

By the way, as many know "Summer" in Texas and Arkansas goes through at least October, so there's that.

There is one, and only one, person on this planet who knows when they will roll down the line. I haven't discussed that particular aspect with him. I avoid that subject like the plague/Covid. 

In connection with the speakers that KGI has donated as Museum Editions we have been blessed with, I found it much easier to ignore the actual production date and focus on working with the ME Team to have everything ready to go when our turn comes. (Wood, fabric, ads, copy, and a dozen other things in place). I work with a team that has over 100 years of combined experience in designing, engineering, project management, marketing, etc. Klipsch speakers).  

They will come, and then you will have to go out and buy quieter amps, better recordings of your favorite artists, etc.@PrestonTom will attest to all of that.

The fun is just beginning.

Travis

PS: You are a sustaining member of the Museum, if you want to get in on the fun and have 5 to 10 hours a month, I could sure use you IT/computer help.

So will the new Jubilee or more precisely the DSP that comes with have software that allows adjustment via a GUI to tune to each owners room? Or will you have to buy a Xilica(or similar) to accomplish that. And if you do will it still be Klipsch?

All this talk has got me wondering since I changed the drivers on my 402s to TAD4002s are my Jubes still Klipsch?

On 9/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, dwilawyer said:

By the way, as many know "Summer" in Texas and Arkansas goes through at least October, so there's that.

That is true. It isn't uncommon to have fresh tomatoes from the garden at Thanksgiving.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, dwilawyer said:

PS: You are a sustaining member of the Museum, if you want to get in on the fun and have 5 to 10 hours a month, I could sure use you IT/computer help.

@dwilawyer You don't call you don't write??

2 hours ago, babadono said:

So will the new Jubilee or more precisely the DSP that comes with have software that allows adjustment via a GUI to tune to each owners room? Or will you have to buy a Xilica(or similar) to accomplish that. And if you do will it still be Klipsch?

In my opinion unless you alter the “Electrical to Acoustical Transfer Function” of the Klipsch Engineered Loudspeaker it is still a “Klipsch”..!!!  🙂  

Preconditioning an electrical signal by the Xilica in your example doesn’t change the design of the Klipsch Loudspeaker any more than using a Tube versus Solid State amplifier does for example.

2 hours ago, babadono said:

All this talk has got me wondering since I changed the drivers on my 402s to TAD4002s are my Jubes still Klipsch?

The Jubilee as we have known it was never an official Klipsch Product but was more of an “unofficial/underground design” put together by Roy for us fanatics that couldn’t wait for an “Official”- Klipsch Heritage Jubilee. I’ve loved mine since 2006 and would like to think that all of us owners of these unofficial Jubilee have played a part in helping Roy to preserve and bring the “Official Heritage Jubilee” to the place that PWK and Roy dreamed of in the beginning. 🙂

Yes the TAD4002 were an option Roy designed for us fanatics of the “Unofficial Jubilee”.  👍🙂

miketn

2 hours ago, rmlowz said:

I did not know that when I bought my K402s they only offered one driver what ever was current at that time

You are correct. The above post was not correct.

Klipsch sold these with K69, followed by K69A, and later the K691. They all had similar (but not exactly the same) specs. There were some odd ball cases where the 2-way Jubilee (home use and not theater use)  had the K-402 with a K1133 (IIRC). At one time there was a special arrangement where a number of Jubilee owners were part of a "group buy" for the TAD 4002 driver. Although this was not an actual factory option, Roy was kind enough to provide EQ settings for these also. 

10 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

You are correct. The above post was not correct.

Klipsch sold these with K69, followed by K69A, and later the K691. They all had similar (but not exactly the same) specs. There were some odd ball cases where the 2-way Jubilee (home use and not theater use)  had the K-402 with a K1133 (IIRC). At one time there was a special arrangement where a number of Jubilee owners were part of a "group buy" for the TAD 4002 driver. Although this was not an actual factory option, Roy was kind enough to provide EQ settings for these also. 

You have a very good memory, Tom.
I belonged to both groups, first had K1133 instead of K69 (2008) which of course was replaced by Klipsch because after all the enthusiasm about my new Jubilees I noticed that something was wrong in the tweeter sound, and this forum gave me the hint to look up which drivers were mounted on my K402. I think the second case of mistakenly installed K1133s was a hifi dealer from the UK who really liked the Jubilee and used them to demonstrate his tonearms and cartridge systems to his clientele, I have forgotten his name.

And then later on I was also a happy member of this special „group-buy“ regarding TAD 4002s where Roy kindly had provided the EQing (2009).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 3:59 AM, KT88 said:

I think the second case of mistakenly installed K1133s was a hifi dealer from the UK who really liked the Jubilee and used them to demonstrate his tonearms and cartridge systems to his clientele, I have forgotten his name.

I think that would have been Ralph Bagge.  He told Roy he wasn't getting enough 'tinkle' out of his speakers (gotta love them Brits)

I looked at it while I was there (didn't look at back of driver) but I noticed there was a 'tube' between the driver and the mouth of horn.  Mine weren't like that so I knew something was odd.....  turned out he had the wrong driver and  Roy had a new / correct pair sent.

2 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Nice picture, that's the colour I have ordered, can't wait for photos of the real thing

Waiting is driving me nuts lol

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Me too.  I like to see the wood veneer.  Waiting for my pair is torture. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Agreed its like Christmas but no advent calender to count the days down lol

Run to Costco, get you 2-3 maybe 4 of these

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2021/09/costcos-beer-advent-calendar-is-back-for-2021/

Have a beer daily, once the Jubilees arrive, finish off the remaining beer for the Jubilee you've been waiting for. 

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2021/09/costcos-beer-advent-calendar-is-back-for-2021/

Have a beer daily, once the Jubilees arrive, finish off the remaining beer for the Jubilee you've been waiting for. 
Awesome, just drink the days away, lol

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

On 9/17/2021 at 10:37 AM, The Dude said:

Here's a picture of a Clone of the "unofficial never released Jubilee" built by a Canadian friend out of Baltic Birch and Tigerwood Veneer. Owned by me, with TAD drivers in them 402's, for about a year before I had to Downsize. That should hold you over and show you possibilities.

IMG_1418.thumb.JPG.0cdefdeb8986bc4ea75e22c384758fd7.JPG

• Like 2