The New Jubilee

artto

7 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

If I were a rich man with a mansion/big rooms, I would have BOTH all horn systems (Jubilees)

I have always loved the look of a large room with a large horn system.  I could agree, if the room allowed for it, the speakers would be pulled away from the wall where guest could almost walk around the speaker and admire the art work. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I have always loved the look of a large room with a large horn system.  I could agree, if the room allowed for it, the speakers would be pulled away from the wall where guest could almost walk around the speaker and admire the art work. 

I should clarify something, as indecisive as I am, I could appreciate the industrial look of the K402 in the nude, a enclosed version, or an all wood version.  Cost would be the deciding factor, $25k, $35k, or $45 and depending how much I had at that time. 

For example, that black with cane looking grills and an open back K402 would be acceptable at $25k.  That nice walnut wood grain with a enclosed back to match would be worth $35k, and a all wood walnut sculpted K402 on top of a matching bass bin would be worth $45k. 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

So, I think the MARKET for the biggest Home Horn ever built in Hope, needs to have the ability to place them out of corners, since those who can afford them will have big rooms to accommodate them. If that's the case, Non Corner placement should be an option for both sound AND Looks!! So basically the entire new Jubilee should have full Veneer finish for the entire thing, front and rear, if it's to sell in the "high end" market and not just contain, effectively, a "bigger Cornwall" inside of a big folded shorthorn. Either way, I'm not the one that has to do it and it's only my OPINION, no more, no less.

The Jubilee won't be this. Pure and simple, it's a 1/8 space speaker, including the aesthetics for 1/8 placement. So I guess it's Magico Ultimates for that "market" you speak of.

Go back and listen to the video of Roy, this time please listen, what was the goal? He hints at the fact that this was a 35 year evolution for PWK, going back to '86 and the "Klipschorn II." The goal wasn't to make an all horn loaded giant speaker that could set anywhere in the room.

From the video the goal was to make Paul's dream a reality, the realization of the Jubilee, which is a corner horn speaker. Why would the engineer who knew what PWK was intending, what he wanted, throw that out the window? He said he was remaining true to Paul's vision, and he would know, and that Paul would have done it but "he just ran out of time."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

For example, that black with cane looking grills and an open back K402 would be acceptable at $25k.  That nice walnut wood grain with a enclosed back to match would be worth $35k, and a all wood walnut sculpted K402 on top of a matching bass bin would be worth $45k. 

Interesting proposition.

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

The Jubilee won't be this. Pure and simple, it's a 1/8 space speaker, including the aesthetics for 1/8 placement. So I guess it's Magico Ultimates for that "market" you speak of.

Go back and listen to the video of Roy, this time please listen, what was the goal? He hints at the fact that this was a 35 year evolution for PWK, going back to '86 and the "Klipschorn II." The goal wasn't to make an all horn loaded giant speaker that could set anywhere in the room.

From the video the goal was to make Paul's dream a reality, the realization of the Jubilee, which is a corner horn speaker. Why would the engineer who knew what PWK was intending, what he wanted, throw that out the window? He said he was remaining true to Paul's vision, and he would know, and that Paul would have done it but "he just ran out of time."

Abandoned Axpona about 5-7 years ago or so. But yes, some form of Magico Horns, thank you. You have provided me with valuable data, since you are much closer to Roy. I don't have that clear advantage in detail gathering as you do. But I do gather as best as I can. I also clearly announced, perhaps in a pre-amble fashion, that what you all were about to read was strictly my OPINION. If I can't be honest with all of you, then what good is my presence on this forum? I have been here since 2006, so hopefully, all the positive things I have tried to do here,  to help others, (like the Lord says). I sincerely hope that speaks to my integrity standards.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Schu said:

does anybody know if the NEW driver will be available from klipsch by itself or with the 402 combo?

The Celestion driver is available on Parts Express.  Of course this won't have Roy's external wide dispersion phase plug that will be in the new Jubilee. https://www.parts-express.com/Celestion-Axi2050-AxiPerodic-2-Wide-Bandwidth-Compression-Driver-4-Bolt-294-2142

@Chris A on the Forum has already tried it with his pro Jubilee. https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/199267-celestion-axi2050-2-compression-driver-on-k-402-horn-and-jubilee-bass-bin/

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

The Celestion driver is available on Parts Express.  Of course this won't have Roy's external wide dispersion phase plug that will be in the new Jubilee. https://www.parts-express.com/Celestion-Axi2050-AxiPerodic-2-Wide-Bandwidth-Compression-Driver-4-Bolt-294-2142

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

I am curious about whether the quality control is as stringent for drivers available from Parts Express as compared to the "same" drivers sold to manufacturers llke Klipsch.

8 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I am curious about whether the quality control is as is as stringent for drivers available from Parts Express as compared to the "same" drivers sold to manufacturers llke Klipsch.

Knowing what I know about the precision and repeatability of modern design and productions techniques I'd say it was less of a concern that it used to be when PWK and the Associates had to select all the drivers coming in the door because tolerances were not as "tight" as as they are today, being 10-100 times better!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

@Chris A on the Forum has already tried it with his pro Jubilee. https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/199267-celestion-axi2050-2-compression-driver-on-k-402-horn-and-jubilee-bass-bin/

that is an interesting dicussion... TY

35 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

I have had a pair of the Celestions on my 402s for months now.  I wanted to try them out.  They are pretty close to the TAD 4002s but there are slight noticeable differences.  I have been enjoying them.

Care to elaborate on the differences? 

30 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

At least it's on point and not out in left feild.

Maybe so but the point is not even as interesting as reading the manufacturer PDF of the driver itself, or better yet watching the Video from the guy who invented it! It's all RELATIVE.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:51 PM, MMurg said:

Care to elaborate on the differences? 

TADs have more energy up top, Celestions have more down low.  They are similar in the middle.  With EQ they can be made to sound very close all around.

• Like 2