The New Jubilee

artto

On 10/3/2021 at 3:23 PM, Khornukopia said:

My K-402 horns with the Celestion Axi-2050 drivers sound very natural, and therefore, my audio system is now the best my guests and I have listened to in a house. The New Jubilee with Roy's waveguide should be the ultimate home loudspeaker.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:40 PM, Schu said:

the 691's don't sound natural?

Many loudspeakers have very fine qualities. Different levels of near perfection are achieved in small increments. I am happy to listen to any of my Klipsch speakers.

One of the more impressive characteristics of the K-402 + Axi-2050 combination is the accurate reproduction of the sound of human voices, and so, my use of the word "natural". Some other time I might describe the speakers as electrifying or thunderously powerful.

The point I was leading to is that the New (and improved) Jubilee is going to be even better than today's best.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:14 AM, PrestonTom said:

Two brief comments regarding the above. 

1) Yes, there is an advertisement (photo/rendering) of the new Jubilees out in the room and not in, or near, the corners. However my understanding is that the new Jubilees are meant to be in, or near, the corners. The set up depicted was for advertising purposes and not meant as a recommendation. 

2) There are a number of advantages to placing the cabinets in the corners. Certainly "corner loading" to increase the bass output, is the most important. The suggestions made to work around this are not entirely convincing. 

However, when someone pays $35K for speakers (or whatever the exact amount is), then they are entitled to put the speakers wherever they want. 

Good luck,

-Tom

As a guy who curved the heck out of Golden Jubilees (only 2 pairs in existence) built to PWK's drawings, as commissioned by Valeri Klipsch, I found those were filled with foam in the back air chamber. The Jube performs like a LaScala with a 45 Hz. LOWER cutoff at 60 Hz. out of the corners (relative to the LS where the horns "slows down" below 104 hz.).

So if the new ones are flat to 40 out of the corners with very little boost, then the guy who uses them out of corners can afford a pair of separate Subwoofers Too, which can reside in corners or front/back wall. 

On 10/3/2021 at 9:40 PM, Schu said:

Crossing about 500 Hz. is not as natural for a Male Voice as is 250-300. In fact many single driver Public Address Horns had Phenolic Driver to achieve an acceptable voice resolution without a woofer, where 300-4,000 Hz. will do the trick for that limited application. Adding a woofer and tweeter to that same horn/driver makes it HiFi.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 9:40 PM, Schu said:

There was a point where I used the 691 drivers on the K402 horns and used Roy's settings in 2-way using a Xilica processor and honestly that sounded very good and was hard to beat.  It was probably the closest I ever got to the sound in the Klipsch lab listening room when Roy demo'd the commercial jubs a few years ago.  It was his exact setup.  They sounded good with virtually any type of music.  It was plug and play.  Very underrated.

The only reason I made a change was that I acquired some TAD 4002 drivers which simply sounded superior and I have stuck with those right up till now on my Jub setup.  I moved the 691s to the 510 tweeters and they are still there today.

• Like 1