Farewell, Nanci Griffith- follow up

Marvel

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-music-arts-and-entertainment-bette-midler-lyle-lovett-0e3872fda36e62b25eca2ebfca9068c7

[Added 8/29] In retrospect, I probably fell in love with Nanci Griffith when I first heard her songs decades ago. I always amazed me how she was unknown by so many yet well repected by so many world wide from every genre of music. This article in Variety captures so much of her history a wide reach.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/nanci-griffith-appreciation-singer-songwriter-dead-1235042037/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Marvel said:

Thank you  Bruce.  Again through this forum I have been introduced to an artist previously overlooked by me.  My embarrassment at not knowing who she was is more than offset by the enrichment of knowing of her now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

My embarrassment at not knowing who she was is more than offset by the enrichment of knowing of her now.

She was a consummate performer, superb lyricist, beautiful soul. I've spent hours listening to her music, watching shows on YT. I dare say I've been in love with her for 40+ plus years, from a distance. Never had the chance to see her live, but was immediately drawn into her universe.

• Like 1

She is one of my favorites. I was able to find this old post.  This is still one of the best concerts I ever attended….

On 3/25/2005 at 8:30 AM, sputnik said:

----------------

On 3/25/2005 12:14:57 PM DeanG wrote:

Emotionally involving music? Pretty much any of the theme songs from old TV shows.

1.gif

----------------

Went to a Nanci Griffith concert over in Butte a few years ago when she was touring with the Crickets. It seemed like an odd combination and I didn't know much about the Crickets other than Buddy Holly. The connection was that Nanci Griffith grew up in Lubbock and listened to the Crickets as a girl and now was able to take them on tour. The Crickets were amazing and the show stopper was Nanci Griffith singing the theme from the Mary Tyler Moore Show with Sonny Curtis, of the Crickets, who originally wrote and recorded the song for the TV show. It sounds corny but people were wiping away tears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Marvel changed the title to Farewell, Nanci Griffith- follow up