Forum Upgrade: Questions, Comments, Issues?

@Chad  It seems that the forum is extremely sluggish this AM (16 Aug. 2021, from 04:00 local time to the present). 

Looking at the "Online Users" pages, there are sometimes over 100 pages of member activity listed, and all the users have visited within the last 30 minutes.  Is there a new kind of web crawler that's vacuuming up all the threads, or is this a signal that the time stamping of the member activity is somehow compromised?

Anyway, since you typically don't spend much time on the forum, I thought it might be news to you that the forum is experiencing big delays.

Chris

• Like 1

• Administrators

The main issue is we are getting a ton of traffic from over 1000 Russian IP addresses, probably trying to DDOS the site. I'm attempting to mitigate. Step one was upgrading the forum software which was about 2 years overdue. Obviously there is more to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

The new column format where the summary statistics are on the top right of more developed threads makes the posts too narrow and results in the need to open many more of the graphic uploads to see their detail. I hope this can be changed, automatically as you scroll down past the summary stats, or by user selection. Thanks.

Wasted.thumb.jpg.fd39d54b280e03d6aafe84010f335ddd.jpg

@Chad So, one of the changes that I see that's occurred is that the "edit" button has either been removed from the posts--or hidden in a place that I don't see.

Is this a temporary thing, or permanent?

Chris

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Chris A said:

@Chad So, one of the changes that I see that's occurred is that the "edit" button has either been removed from the posts--or hidden in a place that I don't see.

Is this a temporary thing, or permanent?

Chris

Look for the 3 dots in the upper-right corner of your post. That's a menu that should contain "Edit"

image.png

• Like 1

• Chris A changed the title to Forum Upgrade: Questions, Comments, Issues?