Forum Upgrade: Questions, Comments, Issues?

17 minutes ago, Chad said:

Look for the 3 dots in the upper-right corner of your post.

These are my choices:

image.png.a7240c1561ac9ff362a587ec8f0fe8e3.png

Chris

I didn't have that menu item ("edit") for my posts, too.  I suppose that something changed in the mean time...?

Chris

15 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Don't know if there are functions yet to show up.

Hi Dave - I have the same issue in Safari. This doesn't address that issue, but it's something you should try if you haven't yet - scroll all the way to the bottom and click on "Theme" and try 'em out. : )

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Hi Dave - I have the same issue in Safari. This doesn't address that issue, but it's something you should try if you haven't yet - scroll all the way to the bottom and click on "Theme" and try 'em out. : )

No improvement.

1 hour ago, Langston said:

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Don't know if there are functions yet to show up. I can mouse over the spot where notifications and messages are and get a prompt but cant see buttons. Firefox, the latest version.

the upgrade has a higher display resolution ,for optimal color --the Admin  @Chad would have to use  a  color other than white or black or grey  for these upper  tabs  to show up

27 minutes ago, RandyH said:

the upgrade has a higher display resolution ,for optimal color --the Admin  @Chad would have to use  a  color other than white or black or grey  for these upper  tabs  to show up

I can believe that. My CAD program can have outlines disappear with the wrong backgrounds unless I reassign colors to lines that will then show .show up.

47 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

@Chad, thanks for all your hard work, much appreciated by all >42,000 members I’m sure.

the Software upgrade also has higher Security so @Chad,did a  great job in less than 24h -addressing both  the Security breaches on the forum 👍 and the New Forum Software update -

31 minutes ago, RandyH said:

the Software upgrade also has higher Security so @Chad,did a  great job in less than 24h -addressing both  the Security breaches on the forum 👍 and the New Forum Software update -

Well security is something constant updating requires now. It is still pretty amazing how many people use the same password time after time and hackers get that data from  a site and go searching for other places it will work. Reminds me that it is time to change things up again here and considering changing passwords on everything twice a year.

Must have been a tough nut to fix. Once did an upgrade on my department wide system... 48 hours in, I had to roll the whole thing back in time for startup Monday morning... >48 hours no break. I was not a happy camper. Thankfully it wasn’t just me, it was a problem on the major operating system upgrade worldwide (no not Microsoft or Apple). Worst upgrade ever. 

I went home and slept 12 hours having wasted about 60.

• Chris A changed the title to Forum Upgrade: Questions, Comments, Issues?