Vertical Heresy's ? Are these really "H

Gcyrusday

I recently received a pair of "vintage" Klipsch Heresy speakers but they don't seem right. They have vertical horns and tweeters. I haven't seen any others like that. They have k-22r woofers with the expected k55 and k77's the horn is the 700 not the 1000 with type "C" crossovers. Dimensions are 24 3/4 in high, 15 in wide and 12in deep.

Can anyone tell me anything about them? I've been a Klipsch fan for years and had shivers when I got them but not quite meeting my expectations. Any advice or suggestions as to what I can do with them to get better sound wiuld be much appreciated 16291720866514186282448340648680.thumb.jpg.2d5bf2406c34ad1eaac32832720b77aa.jpg

I was told 2nd hand they were in fact Heresy speakers though I believe it's original parts put in DIY cabinets. I would like to get them back to actual or better specs .  Any suggestions, guidance or direction would be helpful. Kinda thinking rebuild the cabinets along with advice to anything to improve what I have. A Frankenspeaker.

4 hours ago, Gcyrusday said:

I recently received a pair of "vintage" Klipsch Heresy speakers but they don't seem right. They have vertical horns and tweeters. I haven't seen any others like that. They have k-22r woofers with the expected k55 and k77's the horn is the 700 not the 1000 with type "C" crossovers. Dimensions are 24 3/4 in high, 15 in wide and 12in deep.

Can anyone tell me anything about them? I've been a Klipsch fan for years and had shivers when I got them but not quite meeting my expectations. Any advice or suggestions as to what I can do with them to get better sound wiuld be much appreciated

find a pair of empty klipsch Heresy cabs and use the parts -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndreG. said:

No problem, wouldn´t you say Randy? Crites and ebay.

you can buy fabric from Wendell Fabrics , they sell direct , and they make the Fabric , no need to go through Crites --

Heresy grilles do come up on Ebay for at least 100-150 $--

18 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

As You said, buy the fabric and the boards can be done DIY, saw the PDF for the dimensions somewhere here on the forum. That just leaves the badges, on ebay.

I have several pre-cut masonite grille templates for the H1-CW1 --using original motorboards sets for precision -never seen a PDF of these grilles , if you do see it ,  send me the link -