Vertical Heresy's ? Are these really "H

Gcyrusday

15 hours ago, Gcyrusday said:

I recently received a pair of "vintage" Klipsch Heresy speakers but they don't seem right. They have vertical horns and tweeters. I haven't seen any others like that. They have k-22r woofers with the expected k55 and k77's the horn is the 700 not the 1000 with type "C" crossovers. Dimensions are 24 3/4 in high, 15 in wide and 12in deep.

Can anyone tell me anything about them? I've been a Klipsch fan for years and had shivers when I got them but not quite meeting my expectations. Any advice or suggestions as to what I can do with them to get better sound wiuld be much appreciated 16291720866514186282448340648680.thumb.jpg.2d5bf2406c34ad1eaac32832720b77aa.jpg

Dang partner, sure these aren't Cornwall?

Yes I have listened to them and played around with placement a little (kinda short on room) they definitely sound better lower to the ground and at higher volume (more power) still not what I expect they should sound like. I opened up the other on and found K-22-R with a red circle with H or M or N in center, K-77-m stamped with R on it and K-55-v also with type c crossover. It appears both speakers have a driver with the letter R stamped on them. R=  Replacement? the K-55-m looks newer with square magnet. numbers stamped on the K-55-V's are 11959 and 11974, are these serial numbers? the k-22 r's are 8591 it is the one with a red circle and dot orletter not sure the other one is 10205 with letter R bellow k77 m  has # 1054C stamped on it the other one has the letter R bellow the # 716594. are these numbers all serial numbers? I definitely want to use these speakers and therefor work on them as I can, I have a very limited budget at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 11:13 PM, Gcyrusday said:

R=  Replacement?

Yes, that would be correct.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:13 PM, Gcyrusday said:

the K-55-m looks newer with square magnet.

Do you mean K-77? None of the K-55 versions have square magnets. First versions of K-77 had round magnets, later, all of the ferrite magnet K-77s are square.

sorry you're correct k 77 m. Will try to post more pic's soon. If anyone can send me actual sizes for cabinets inside and outside dimensions I would really appreciate it, also if possible include placements on motor board.........Thamk you

19 hours ago, Gcyrusday said:

sorry you're correct k 77 m. Will try to post more pic's soon. If anyone can send me actual sizes for cabinets inside and outside dimensions I would really appreciate it, also if possible include placements on motor board.........Thamk you

Crites speakers has motorboards fro the Original Heresy and the Heresy II. You would need them for the original.

https://critesspeakers.com/