What speakers are you using for Atmos?

wuzzzer

Now that I finally have a modern receiver, I'd like to add some overhead Atmos speakers to my theater room.  I'm not interested in any in-ceiling models or placing anything on top of my fronts for the 'bounce' effect.

Other than those types, what speakers are you using for Atmos?  Anyone using the outdoor series from Klipsch?  I find them interesting and like the adjustable mounting brackets which would make them very easy to install and aim. 

Now that I finally have a modern receiver, I'd like to add some overhead Atmos speakers to my theater room.  I'm not interested in any in-ceiling models or placing anything on top of my fronts for the 'bounce' effect.

Other than those types, what speakers are you using for Atmos?  Anyone using the outdoor series from Klipsch?  I find them interesting and like the adjustable mounting brackets which would make them very easy to install and aim. 
I'm using Dayton audio satb3. They are small but do the job for now. I might upgrade them at a later date

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, whynot said:

I have the Klipsch RP-500sa.

Front Atmos Speaker OnWall / Height

Back Atmos Speakers as Enabled Atmos configured and in use but i will change the next days to OnWall Height‘s as well

I too have a pair of Klipsch RP-500sa that I'm using as bounce speakers in the front. Do you have two pairs, using the rear as bounce at the moment?

I started with one pair wanting to try them to see if they gave me enough sound to avoid trying to do the in ceiling speakers. 

I use a Dolby Atmos demo disc to judge what I'm getting and I can tell even as bounce speakers they are making a difference. 

I know people are using RP-500sa as height channels and Klipsch even has a switch for a different crossover when used at height channels but I wonder how that placement affects sound when the processor is trying to send the Atmos sound based on you choosing ceiling or reflective Atmos.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/do-wall-mounted-speakers-work-atmos-setup

Seems like a lot of articles are saying they are not the right way to do it? 

I just wonder if since Dolby holds all the cards to how the signal is processed if you are not using ceiling or reflective are you getting the correct sound signal from the processor? Yes you'll get something from the height speakers but is it the correct sound for that moment in the movie since Atmos doesn't have height channels? 

I have no idea, I'm really asking a question looking for ideas

Yes, i have two pairs of RP-500sa Speakers and the rears are actually as bounce (standing on my Klipsch RP-6000F) in Atmos Enable Mode (selectable on RP-500sa Speaker).

this time in my set the crossover frequency is different between the front height and the rear enabled Atmos speakers.

Front Height..... 100Hz (surround switched)

Rear Enabled.... 150Hz (atmos switched)

in my new config when i'm installing rears also as height maybe i will take a lower frequency than 150Hz. But i will test whats the best.