New Crites A-55-G2 Midrange?

absolve2525

I may be alone in my opinion but I have a sweet spot for Alnico. 
Maybe these new "G" drivers have a great phase plug. But I like Alnico. I wonder how these new drivers would sound if they had an Alnico magnet. In the case of Klipsch, it's a godsend that the Atlas drivers - past and present - have Alnico magnets. Alnico has soul and emotion. The same goes for guitar pick ups and guitar speakers. I have K77 M in my 1977 Lascalas for bridging. I can't wait for my original K77 Alnico to come back from the shop. With new magnetised power and new diaphragms.
With other brands in the high end you hardly find Alnico...and if you do it goes many thousands of dollars higher in price...not so with Atlas drivers at Klipsch which are now newly installed in the heritage series...as they used to be.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 1:52 PM, KT88 said:

I may be alone in my opinion but I have a sweet spot for Alnico. 
Maybe these new "G" drivers have a great phase plug. But I like Alnico.

I have not heard the new A55-G/2 drivers (just learned about them this morning) but I do have three pairs of the originals in use now and have compared them head to head with all of the k-55 variations and although the dual phase-plug  k-55v is very close I still prefer the sound of the A55-g. There is a very clear improvement over the single phase plug k-55v just as there is with the k-55v dual plug version.