SOLD: Wadia 170i iPod Transport

michaelwjones

The 170i Transport extracts digital audio data from the iPod directly, deliberately bypassing the iPod’s analog audio electronics. In this way, the digital audio data can be routed to the digital inputs of a pre or to an outboard DAC Either way, the resulting sound quality is light years ahead of what you’d normally hear through the iPod itself. On the video side of the equation, the 170i Transport makes no attempt to bypass the iPod’s electronics but rather presents pass-through video signals via S-Video or component video outputs—the highest quality output formats the iPod can support.

With the help of the Wadia 170i Transport and a good DAC , the iPod becomes a high-capacity, low-cost, portable “music server” that can hold its own in comparison to comparatively expensive and very well-regarded high end audio components.

Milled aluminum construction; works exactly as designed and in very good cosmetics with no issues sonically. I had this as a 3d backup and decided that is way too much redundancy. Includes Wadia remote, power adapter/cable, worn box & photocopy of operating instructions.

$125 plus insurance & shipping to you. PayPal is fine. Please email any questions. Thanks.

Mike

wadia fr.jpeg

Wadia rear.jpeg

wadia top.jpeg

• michaelwjones changed the title to SOLD: Wadia 170i iPod Transport