Covering TV for 2-channel listening

CoryGillmore

@billybob that is an interesting product! I wonder if I could mount my TV to that and have it behind my current TV stand so that the TV appears to float over the TV stand. That would put the TV a little further back AND allow me to possibly put monoblock amps and pre-amp on top of my TV stand! 

That thing is so cheap it kinda makes me nervous LOL. Almost too cheap. 

Thanks for sharing that! 

EDIT: hell even if it use it on top of my current TV stand (like it's designed) it would allow me to put the monoblock amps and pre-amp up there too!

• Like 1

It sure saved me from my going through the motions.

Used my floorstanders for sound so, virtually no vibrations of concern.

Have it 5 stars as a solution.

Sturdy with all I needed included.

Strong steel...imlo 

Fits a bunch of sets...think there are reviews via Amazon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

It sure saved me from my going through the motions.

Used my floorstanders for sound so, virtually no vibrations of concern.

Have it 5 stars as a solution.

Sturdy with all I needed included.

Strong steel...imlo 

Fits a bunch of sets...think there are reviews via Amazon.

Thanks brother I'm going to pick one up. Found one offered on Prime that actually fits a 65" TV too. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.052738496f8d3595eacf5eec1eec51ba.jpegSo here’s what I ended up with! And it’s perfect. I’ll easily be able to fit the Freya+ where the center channel used to be and both Aegir monoblocks on each side of the center channels current position. 

Center channel also sounds much better now that I’ve taken it out of the cubby it was in. 

Thanks @billybob!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoryGillmore said:

image.thumb.jpeg.052738496f8d3595eacf5eec1eec51ba.jpegSo here’s what I ended up with! And it’s perfect. I’ll easily be able to fit the Freya+ where the center channel used to be and both Aegir monoblocks on each side of the center channels current position. 

Center channel also sounds much better now that I’ve taken it out of the cubby it was in. 

Thanks @billybob!

Lol, yes that looks cozy. Happy it works for you.

Nice to have an option besides wall penetration mounts.

Cool...

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 11:55 PM, CoryGillmore said:

So here’s what I ended up with! And it’s perfect. I’ll easily be able to fit the Freya+ where the center channel used to be and both Aegir monoblocks on each side of the center channels current position.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts about a pair of the Aegir amps running those speakers.  (are they CW IV?)  I have thought about a pair of those, or the Vidar's, but leaned more towards the Vidar as I don't want room heaters.  haha  The CF-3's would probably enjoy the 400 watts each more when I'm inclined to jam a little.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, avguytx said:

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts about a pair of the Aegir amps running those speakers.  (are they CW IV?)  I have thought about a pair of those, or the Vidar's, but leaned more towards the Vidar as I don't want room heaters.  haha  The CF-3's would probably enjoy the 400 watts each more when I'm inclined to jam a little.

I'm curious about it myself haha. My Onkyo A/V reciever TXNR757 already drives them to volumes I'll never reach and they sound a amazing. Yeah they're CWIVs. I did bypass the internal DAC of the Onkyo with a Schiit Modius though. I may end up with a Bifrost2 before it's over with. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 3:25 AM, Shakeydeal said:

This is one of the reasons I don’t mix my video with my audio. Separate rooms. I did the high end home theater thing back in the 90s and don’t care for it now. A sound bar and a small sub upstairs is plenty for me.

I'm sure I'm sacrificing a bit, but I have an 82" TV in between my jbls and I have a VERY strong phantom center and imaging side to side, outside of speakers and slightly forward. It has never bothered me enough to want to cover the TV or wonder what if.   I would definetely toe those Cornwalls in aggressively to start with and perhaps pull them a tiny bit off the back wall if the bass is too overpowering or pronounced a few inches at a time.  That is, unless the balance is the best it can be to your ears with a high quality recording that you are very familiar with.  I would listen with grilles off it it were me as well, just a

preference. 

• Like 3

I experimented with covering my TV with absorption and removing the TV completely a few years ago. Locked in the sweet spot where I can hear every little difference regarding rolling tubes, rolling gear, speaker placement etc. etc. and I was unable to detect any difference in sound.d44332672020e4a108e8b127f6ddcc68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWL said:

I experimented with covering my TV with absorption and removing the TV completely a few years ago. Locked in the sweet spot where I can hear every little difference regarding rolling tubes, rolling gear, speaker placement etc. etc. and I was unable to detect any difference in sound.d44332672020e4a108e8b127f6ddcc68.jpg

That's a beautiful room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SWL said:

Ahh yes another single man I see LMAO. Me too haha

• Haha 1