WTB : EV DH1506 drivers

nmorris43

16 hours ago, altec210 said:

Hi Neal,

I have a pair that I was going to sell as part of an EV horn/crossover/driver system, but I would consider breaking that up. Do you have any trade items?  I’ll pull them from storage and get some photos. Not really sure on a price yet.

@nmorris43

• Like 1

19 hours ago, altec210 said:

Hi Neal,

I have a pair that I was going to sell as part of an EV horn/crossover/driver system, but I would consider breaking that up. Do you have any trade items?  I’ll pull them from storage and get some photos. Not really sure on a price yet.

Let me know what you need for them and if they are functioning.

• Like 2

Hi Neal,

I just pulled these out of a sealed box from my storage area in our finished basement. I bought them about three years ago for a project that didn't last for too long. I also have some NOS screw-on adapters and a pair of EV HR9040A horns. They measure at 4.9 and 4.7 for DCR as seen in the photos. There is some left over tape from its former use, but generally they are in really good physical shape. These had the protective screens in place when I purchased them, but I removed them for my use. I listened to one before/after, and I preferred the sound without. I have not confirmed that they are the original diaphragms, but that is what the seller had told me. I can throw on some PIO caps and confirm that they still sound good without any issues.

Current pricing is ridiculous - singles up to  $400 on Ebay (not that anyone is paying that). How about $250 + FedEx shipping ($50 or less, I'm at 54601). I could also do one of the postal boxes for less and just pack the heck out of it ($25 with insurance?).

If you are interested, I'll confirm they are good to go before we do any transaction.

Best - Michael

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, altec210 said:

I could also do one of the postal boxes for less and just pack the heck out of it ($25 with insurance?).

A pair of DH1506 ship nicely in a single USPS Medium Flat Rate box.

@nmorris43I have the DH1506 in my CF-4's.  Be sure to build a shelf for the 11 pound 1506.  OEM KN-63 is 4 pounds.  You can probably sell the K-63's to recoup part of the cost if not all.  The K-63's are unobtanium and diaphragms are no longer available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

A pair of DH1506 ship nicely in a single USPS Medium Flat Rate box.

@nmorris43I have the DH1506 in my CF-4's.  Be sure to build a shelf for the 11 pound 1506.  OEM KN-63 is 4 pounds.  You can probably sell the K-63's to recoup part of the cost if not all.  The K-63's are unobtanium and diaphragms are no longer available.

Thanks wvu80.... did you make any changes to your crossover for use of the DH1506 drivers? I am having Crite rebuild my crossovers and wondering if any tweaks need to happen.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nmorris43 said:

did you make any changes to your crossover for use of the DH1506 drivers?

No, plug and play. 

+++

Have you gone though the Epic Owners thread?  There's some good info on CF-4 mods.  I had some harshness in the HJ I wanted to get rid of.  I damped the horn, removed some foam from the lower end and put about a pound of Fiberfil in the bottom near the ports.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 8:12 PM, altec210 said:

Hi Neal,

I just pulled these out of a sealed box from my storage area in our finished basement. I bought them about three years ago for a project that didn't last for too long. I also have some NOS screw-on adapters and a pair of EV HR9040A horns. They measure at 4.9 and 4.7 for DCR as seen in the photos. There is some left over tape from its former use, but generally they are in really good physical shape. These had the protective screens in place when I purchased them, but I removed them for my use. I listened to one before/after, and I preferred the sound without. I have not confirmed that they are the original diaphragms, but that is what the seller had told me. I can throw on some PIO caps and confirm that they still sound good without any issues.

Current pricing is ridiculous - singles up to  $400 on Ebay (not that anyone is paying that). How about $250 + FedEx shipping ($50 or less, I'm at 54601). I could also do one of the postal boxes for less and just pack the heck out of it ($25 with insurance?).

If you are interested, I'll confirm they are good to go before we do any transaction.

Best - Michael

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Altec210.....  thank you so much for checking them out and offering them. If i hadn't found a pair within 30 mins of me, i would gladly purchase those from you. I got the pair locally and checked them and they are reading 5.0 on my multi meter, so I think I am good to go. Man those things are heavy!!

Have a great day and rock on !!

nmorris43

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wvu80 said:

No, plug and play. 

+++

Have you gone though the Epic Owners thread?  There's some good info on CF-4 mods.  I had some harshness in the HJ I wanted to get rid of.  I damped the horn, removed some foam from the lower end and put about a pound of Fiberfil in the bottom near the ports.

Yes... i have been through the Epic Owners thread. Very good ideas there. I plan on posting my mods there as I go. I just got a pair of DH1506 drivers. Man they are heavy.

Thanks again.

nmorris43

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 4:35 PM, nmorris43 said:

Man they are heavy.

be careful when installing these drivers , the klipsch horns cannot withstand such heavy drivers --you have to mod the cabinet in such a way to have a section of wood supporting the weight of the driver  -      @wvu80    can guide you better 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RandyH said:

you have to mod the cabinet in such a way to have a section of wood supporting the weight of the driver

I think the Epic Owners Group thread has details on that, including pictures.  I think I used a 1x3, maybe a 1x4 board.  I put little rubber pads on the ends, then glued and screwed the board to the support piece.  Klipsch OEM had two braces and used a similar support piece.  I just copied what Klipsch did.

You can see the lighter colored boards, those are mine.  I braced one of the Klipsch braces just because I had extra wood.  The stock brace is plenty, it's just that I'm into overkill.  What you don't see is I had the 1506 not only sitting on the shelf but on a small but dense rubber piece to kill any unwanted vibration.

On the other picture you can see the fiberfil I put into the bottom of the box near the XO.  It's at the top of the picture.

IMG_4348.thumb.JPG.6202e86461b04f996420c60601fb6e1a.JPG

IMG_4345.thumb.JPG.370598ae86d2626aa568def2e9f1a3c9.JPG

• Like 2