R.I.P Charlie Watts

AndreG.

RIP Charlie Watts. 

I saw the Rolling Stones 4 times over the years.  The first time was 40 years ago when Charlie was 40 years old and I was 21.  I was amazed at how those old guys could rock.  Time has changed my perspective on what is old.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seadog said:

RIP Charlie Watts. 

I saw the Rolling Stones 4 times over the years.  The first time was 40 years ago when Charlie was 40 years old and I was 21.  I was amazed at those old guys could rock.  Time has changed my perspective on what is old.

At least i was able to see them once. That was in 2006 in the Olympia Stadion in Berlin. An amazing show, almost three hours on full power. Yep, they were "old guys" then too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

no.

Heck YEAH! Charlie Watts was replaced by Ginger Baker in the 60's. He should be glad he found a band who take him. A very rich and mediocre drummer compared to the Jazz guys and some Modern ROCK drummers that can really play. But, like Ringo, he did exactly what was required for the band's music. I don't want to sound too negative here.

That being said, Steve Jordan is a very good drummer and a friend of Keith Richards, so I'm pretty sure they will do the US tour with him on drums.

heard a funny story told by Kieth Richards of him loaning Mick a coat. about four in the morning, mick calls Charlie on the phone and says "where's my drummer?"

a little while later there is a knock at the hotel room door, Charlie walks in grabs Mick, punches him and says "don't ever call me your dummer again."  According to Richards, Mick nearly fell out a window, he grabbed Mick and Charlie says, "why did you catch him?"   Richards says "because he's wearing my coat."