What to do about Lunch

Bubo

Another balmy 90-90 ++ day in Chicago Land

Went for a bike ride yesterday, looked like I rode through sprinklers the entire way

perhaps I should spend the money and join a pool next year

Had Chinese the day before

took a few days to finish the pizza I purchased on Sunday

Portillos two days ago IT beef and fries

favorite Mexican Restaurant died from CV-19

- too bad, I usually rode there so I could rationalize the meal and a beer as exercise.....

Pita place across town has a lunch special, too far to walk and suicide to bike there...... hmmm

Met my daughter for BBQ a couple of weeks ago, at least the cute cashier didn't call me gramps when she took the order...

Thai, will save it for the next lunch with daughter.......

Looking like pita special

Lots of great places in Amsterdam and Sao Paulo, but a stretch for lunch

Any cuisine suggestions would be appreciated ?

DSCN1775.JPG

3 hours ago, Bubo said:

Any cuisine suggestions would be appreciated ?

Whenever I traveled to the CHITOWN area and had to spend a night or more I always made it a point to eat at this popular Ethiopian restaurant. Actually it was two restaurants in close proximity to one another. About 20 or 30 min. north of the Hancock Tower. Can't recall what the restaurants were called, but damn good food. Good prices too. Other guys from the firm I worked knew about it, of them told me that I had to try it out..... and I did and gave it an A+ rating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

You could catch a flight to Knoxville and I'd be happy to treat you to the local McDonalds...

:rolleyes:

May take you up on it when I am in Nashville

but Hagis is out of the question.

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

Whenever I traveled to the CHITOWN area and had to spend a night or more I always made it a point to eat at this popular Ethiopian restaurant. Actually it was two restaurants in close proximity to one another. About 20 or 30 min. north of the Hancock Tower. Can't recall what the restaurants were called, but damn good food. Good prices too. Other guys from the firm I worked knew about it, of them told me that I had to try it out..... and I did and gave it an A+ rating.

When I lived in DC there was little Ethiopia in the Adams Morgan neighborhood

some of the stuff is pretty good, but adds a new meaning to finger food.

may have to find one.

31 minutes ago, rplace said:

There is only one answer in all of Chicago - Weiner's Circle....but reading the OP I'm unclear if he is from Chicago and visiting either Amsterdam and/or Sao Paulo.

https://www.wienerscirclechicago.com/

2 Char Cheddar dogs and some fries should do the trick. Unless you are in the know then add a Chocolate Shake.

I live 30 miles outside of Chicago

but Sao Paulo is an endless supply of great restruants

ADam has some great places too, especially indonesian

1 minute ago, Bubo said:

I live 30 miles outside of Chicago

but Sao Paulo is an endless supply of great restruants

ADam has some great places too, especially indonesian

Maybe so but unless you have a private jet at the ready how are you deciding on dining in Chicago vs Amsterdam? 

9 minutes ago, rplace said:

Maybe so but unless you have a private jet at the ready how are you deciding on dining in Chicago vs Amsterdam? 

If the CV insanity ever ends

I'll start traveling again, A-Dam is one of the major airports for connects to lots of good places

and AD is good for a few days each way

Love AD

30 minutes ago, billybob said:

Bubo can just fly there.

I see what you did there. He/She may already be high as well as flying. Very few posts make much sense to me and I read them over and over trying to decipher. I thought maybe Amsterdam was "section" of Chicago or surrounding burbs and I was unaware of it. Seems to me though that the intent of AD/Amsterdam/A-dam is in fact the country many thousands of miles from Chicago.  Read original post again, am I the one missing something?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

You could catch a flight to Knoxville and I'd be happy to treat you to the local McDonalds...

:rolleyes:

at the airport ... and hungry.

actually, that reminds me of a funny story ... it may or not be true that I once was flying back to Los Angeles from Minnesota and I went to the wrong airport. 

I got to the airport and stood in line for the airline that I was flying. The nice lady at the counter said, "how are you getting to Minneapolis?"  I said, "I'm going to Los Angeles."  She said "you have a ticket to Los Angeles on a flight leaving Minneapolis/St. Paul ... you are in Duluth."   Okay, now I see my problem ... "let's start over. I am right here and want to go to Los Angeles. Can you help me?"  

1 hour ago, Bubo said:

May take you up on it when I am in Nashville

but Hagis is out of the question.

If you find yourself in town and the timing works out....  there are a handful of nice places to go.  

Some of my favorites, in no specific order:

1.  I don't even know the name, but a mexican place next to the highway (I-75 north/south)

2.  Pizza joint in west Knoxville

3.  Comfort type food (excellent fried chicken if that's your bag) in downtown Knoxville....more of a lunch place than dinner (closes early)

4.  Calhouns, nice local bbq type place

5.  Couple other odds/ends.  We even have the required McDonalds if you really must have their fries with ketchup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

The nice lady at the counter said, "how are you getting to Minneapolis?"  I said, "I'm going to Los Angeles."  She said "you have a ticket to Los Angeles on a flight leaving Minneapolis/St. Paul ... you are in Duluth."   Okay, now I see my problem ... "let's start over. I am right here and want to go to Los Angeles. Can you help me?"  

Priceless