Social Media is Overly Helpful

BigStewMan

This was originally written by someone about Facebook; but I see many similarities to the Klipsch forum.

Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb on Facebook?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether it’s ‘lightbulb’ or ‘light bulb’.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is ‘lamp’.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that ‘light bulb’ is perfectly correct.

249 to post meme’s and gif’s.

19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

16 to post ‘Following’.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to ask if the brands of light bulbs used are worth the money.

19 to tell them that if they like the light bulbs, buy them.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post “I can’t see S$%^!” and use their own light bulbs.

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.

13 to comment “Me too”.

5 to post to the page that they will no longer post or are leaving because they cannot handle the $!%cking light bulb controversy.

6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said “f÷×$”

22 to ask if there is a flounce in progress.

349 to post flounce memes.

4 to say “Didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”.

13 to say “Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”.

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn’t the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

• Haha 12

Someone sent me this:

How Social Media Works

Me:  I prefer mangoes to oranges.

Random Person:  So basically, what you're saying is you hate oranges? You also failed to mention pineapples, bananas, and grapefruits. Educate yourself. I'm literally shaking."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

There is no question it is

I thought so....A big difference here is Klipsch isn't making money on advertisement, "at least I don't think they are" I also don't think Klipsch is running algorithms to learn more about you? Am I wrong?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

I thought so....A big difference here is Klipsch isn't making money on advertisement, "at least I don't think they are" I also don't think Klipsch is running algorithms to learn more about you? Am I wrong?

The forum itself is part of self advertisement.  The aim of the company is to make money.  As for learning about you, your guess is as good as mine, but for all the information shared here algorithms seem unnecessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

The forum itself is part of self advertisement.  The aim of the company is to make money.  As for learning about you, your guess is as good as mine, but for all the information shared here algorithms seem unnecessary.

Yep, so I guess if someone wanted to figure out who I am from the Klipsch Forum,  It would take some time to read every post I have ever made. If I was coy enough in these posts and used a VPN when on here I might be safe?

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Algorithms, I highly doubt it, I doubt anyone even looks here, we have to send Chad a message to get ahold of him. 

They don't make money from the forum but it is used as tech support which is smart and dangerous. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

And like anywhere online when you post a pic your posting it everywhere.

I once searched online for a certain speaker and was a little suprised to see my living room picture which was posted here, never thought about it before that.

This is the only place I do any social media stuff, if this is considered that ?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 11:59 PM, billybob said:

Forever and a day.  Of a sudden they are as green as the pure driven snows.

Reminds me of a joke...

She was as pure as freshly fallen snow, but she drifted.

• Haha 5

On 8/26/2021 at 3:54 PM, BigStewMan said:

Someone sent me this:

How Social Media Works

Me:  I prefer mangoes to oranges.

Random Person:  So basically, what you're saying is you hate oranges? You also failed to mention pineapples, bananas, and grapefruits. Educate yourself. I'm literally shaking."

The fact that you openly admit to disliking oranges proves you're racist, a fascist and need to be incarcerated. Shame on you and you're going to hell. 

• Like 1