College Football 2021

EmilC

47 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

More talk about Nick Saban being the greatest [college] coach of all time. Blah, blah, blah.

College football, perhaps, but Knute Rockne acolytes would disagree.  All of football, no way.  He was a bust in the pros.

• Like 1

ESPN, Aug 26  Covid Protocol

Forfeit policies

The SEC is the only Power 5 conference that hasn't announced its forfeiture policy, but that is expected soon. The Big Ten, ACC and Big 12 have declared that if one team can't play a game because of COVID-19, they will forfeit the game and it won't be rescheduled. It will be considered a win for the opponent in the conference standings. It's a way to encourage vaccinations that the American Athletic Conference has also adopted.

The Pac-12 is similar, with a bit of nuance in its wording. Instead of directly referencing COVID-19 as the reason a team would be unable to play and forced to forfeit, the Pac-12 rule states: "If an institution is unable to play a contest through its own fault, it shall forfeit such contest to its opponent."

The rule gives commissioner George Kliavkoff the discretion to determine "whether an institution is at fault or primarily at fault for an inability to play a contest based on the facts of the situation."

In the Big Ten and Big 12, if both teams can't play because of COVID-19, it will be declared a no-contest. That's different in the ACC, where both teams will have to forfeit and be credited with a loss in the conference standings if they can't play because of COVID-19.

There ya go!

• Like 1

Ha!  Don't know about that "Boiler up" but Cummins sure has one great golf course!    Neighbor kid just started his first year @ Purdon't majoring in engineering.  He's a good kid who always has his ducks in a row.  His Dad's a judge. hahaha  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I'll just leave this right here.  Yea, I know ur watching...  🤔   Should be a ball game! 

No photo description available.😀

yes I did😀

Freshman quarterback. Minnesota scored 31 on you.

I know. 1st game of the season. Kinks need to be worked out

Penn State vs Wisconsin tomorrow!

Oh boy 🤔

• Like 2

It was funny sittin here last night watching.  I openly told people it wasn't going to be a cake walk and a battle.  Minn hasn't beat OSU in years and PJ is a great coach so there's that.  Had it not been for the breaks it would have been even closer and they could have lost.  Either way the season is now underway.  It'll sort.  Oregon next week should be a tough game w/that db they have.  He's a good one.  They'll be gunnin big time.  After that we get a few cushy games taking after the SEC's scheduling.  Play weaker teams and run up the score so you look better in the rankings.  Second teams will get a lot of much needed play then.

Penn State is in for a battle with Wisconsin Saturday.  THAT should be a great game to watch.  

Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.  Lotsa ballin left!

Now I'll sit back and wait on the SEC boys to pipe up about my "soft scheduling" comment.  hahaha

Come on @JohnJ let's hear allllll about it...  😂

• Like 1

Not yet bud, new qb, new rbs new these and those with the same GREAT coaches. Upped the internet speed yesterday, bro is practically dying to see the game tomorrow. Not sure because abc is covering it here and it doesn't say abc/espn this time so we'll see. My roku is here but he's got a screen! I'm sure there are no tickets available right now back home

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Well there ya go!  😂

There are tics available.. just looked they start at $150. Plus the 2 hr trip + + + 

Mc-Cartney-Middle-Finger-Monday.jpg

Heck, now the tv is on it's way over in a few minutes.

We'll survive!

Thanks for sharing that McCartney middle finger Monday image:laugh:

• Haha 1

My Spartans looked good in defeating a good (at least last year) Northwestern team in Evanston.  

Kenneth Walker III, formerly at Wake Forest, ran for 264 yards on 23 carries with 4 touchdowns; an average of 11.5 yards per carry. He clearly lived up to the hype surrounding his trip through the portal.

GO GREEN!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

My Spartans looked good in defeating a good (at least last year) Northwestern team in Evanston.

Sparty did look darn good last night.  Moved it right down there the opening drive. 

The new transfer portal is going to change the entire look of many teams now that the kids can walk in and play as oppised to waiting a year.  I'm sure it'll affect many teams down the road.  Kids ALL want to play.

Eyeballing Penn State right now.  Noticed yesterday there were a few PSU tickets available @ the Shoe for about $800 each.  That's nuts.  Daughter has my season tickets so maybe I'll get to go to one game and that just may be the one.    :)  

Tulane (probably doesn't even have power right now) loses to OK by 5 after a phantom pass interference call on an interception in the 4th quarter. That's not the 2nd best team in the country, no sir. Let's see what Clemson/Georgia looks like tonight. As for Alabama, well, they are who we thought they were.

• Like 1

Lots of good ballin today.  Penn State with a win,  IU going down, now I'm sitting here watching Dabo lose his mind.  THIS is going to be interesting.  They win they could move up a notch w/the lack luster performance of Oklahoma but if they lose then what's gonna shake out?  It's on and we'll survive the year somehow.  Dabo's boys are whining just like he does about the officiating.  Funny.   It'll sort.  Oh yea, TTUN had a B1G win today!  hahahaha