College Football 2021

EmilC

One of the sportswriters I know just cranked this out.  Who knows?

When the AP college football rankings are released later today, there is a chance the Big Ten will have five teams ranked in the top 12. And that has ever been done in the conference's rich history since the poll began in 1936, to my knowledge.
Penn State (5-0) and Iowa (5-0) should be at No. 3 and 4, respectively. (They meet Saturday in Iowa City). Ohio State (4-1) will jump from No. 11 to No. 8 in all probability since No. 8 Arkansas, No. 9 Notre Dame and No. 10 Florida each lost. Behind the Buckeyes closely will be Michigan (5-0) and Michigan State (5-0). The Wolverines likely will make the biggest jump in the polls this week from their No. 14 spot after whipping Wisconsin 38-17. Pollsters will be careful to keep Oregon, upset 31-24 at Stanford in overtime, one slot ahead of the Buckeyes. Cincinnati, meanwhile, may jump past Oklahoma to No. 5, after winning at Notre Dame and suddenly appears to have a great chance at becoming the first Group-of-Five team to make the College Football Playoff.
  • Like 2

#4 Penn State at #3 Iowa Saturday at 4pm Eastern.  I’ll record that so I can watch it compressed and at my convenience.

#8 Michigan travels to Lincoln to play Nebraska.  The Wolverines will be favored—probably excessively so.   If they’re not prepared, it could be a trap and they could suffer a case of Frost bite.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

#4 Penn State at #3 Iowa Saturday at 4pm Eastern.  I’ll record that so I can watch it compressed and at my convenience.

Kinnick Stadium is a tough place to win.

Fans are right on top of you on the sideline

Section 107 at Kinnick Stadium - RateYourSeats.com

"The Wave" after the 1st quarter. A beautiful tradition

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

it could be a trap and they could suffer a case of Frost bite.

If we've been playing like we have been, make a couple corrections (which seemed to have been the case Saturday), Michigan may not want to let their guard down. 

• Like 2

The Detroit Free Press shows Nebraska as 3 1/2 over the Wolverines.  I believe that’s a mistake; should be reversed.  If it’s not a mistake, it’s a mistake.  The. Cornhuskers will put a scare into the Wolverines, but Michigan should win. 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, EmilC said:

Kinnick Stadium is a tough place to win.

Fans are right on top of you on the sideline

Go Hawks!! Will be a tough slugfest. Iowa is woefully underranked, it's a shame :)

My dad has been getting season tickets for... yikes 50 years I bet? I try to go to one game a year, I could have picked Penn State for some reason I choose Colorado. Kinnick is going to be electric!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iaRIVR said:

Go Hawks!! Will be a tough slugfest. Iowa is woefully underranked, it's a shame :)

My dad has been getting season tickets for... yikes 50 years I bet? I try to go to one game a year, I could have picked Penn State for some reason I choose Colorado. Kinnick is going to be electric!

Underanked? They're 3 in the nation😀

Chose Colorado? Yea, that was a mistake😄

Were you there for this?

• Haha 1

Who knows what the Buckeyes are gonna do?  Can't kibbitz with John & his team since it looks like he jumped on the Bama boat.  Sparty is playing well as is Iowa.  Penn State always shows up  The one constant pita will always remain for the Buckeyes?  

SCREW-BLUE.jpg

It'll ALWAYS sort though!

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 7:47 AM, EmilC said:

Were you there for this?

I wasn't at Kinnick for that one but do remember watching it. Tough one.

I was being sarcastic about underranked!!! I need an emoji for that. We are having a good year but 3rd in the country?? It really doesn't mean much this early in the season, and we have a lot of tough games coming.

The Detroit Free Press shows Nebraska as 3 1/2 over the Wolverines.  I believe that’s a mistake; should be reversed.  If it’s not a mistake, it’s a mistake.  The. Cornhuskers will put a scare into the Wolverines, but Michigan should win. 
I believe the spread was 3 points Michigan. As mentioned, if they let their guard, this could be disastrous for the Wolverines. I thought that may have been the case during Nebraskas first drive, but I believe Michigan may have picked up on their tactics. I will say that this has been a good game for the first part (minus alot of reviews). Now Nebraska on the board, they seem to have some pep back in them. We have a whole half a game to go. Since it's such a nice evening, I am watching this game on the back deck. So depending how this game goes, my neighbors may hear some choice words.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Following the blowout 66-17 loss, Maryland head coach Mike Locksley was asked about his defense’s performance. Clearly, he was baffled by how open Ohio State’s wide receivers were today.
“We had guys looking like they fell out of airplanes, they were so wide open,” Locksley told reporters during his postgame press conference.
  • Haha 1