College Football 2021

EmilC

12 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

S[o] d[o]es Bama d[r]op out of the top 10 for losing to an unranked team?  Asking for a fr[i]end.  ;)

Good morning Dave,

After your first cup of coffee, you really should fire your proofreader.😉

But seriously, IMO, Alabama will stay in the top ten.  Sparty will probably join the top ten, but at whose expense?  If not The Crimson Tide or Nittany Lions, who? As in most seasons, being undefeated does not automatically make you better than a one loss, Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, etc. 

For example, Cincinnati is an excellent team which will probably finish the regular season undefeated, but beating Murray State, Temple, Tulane, etc., does not mean they’re better than Alabama, Georgia, The Ohio State University, or the like.

• Haha 2

B1G has 5 teams in the  AP Top 25.  Obviously, there are changes to come.

MSU plays Indiana in Bloomington next Saturday.  Sparty will probably be favored.   MSU has a bye the following Saturday before welcoming the Wolverines to Spartan Stadium.

Michigan has a bye next week before playing Northwestern in Ann Arbor.  There is a good chance both teams will be undefeated and ranked when they meet in three weeks.

The rivalries and short college season are absent from the NFL.  The Detroit Lions lost 19 - 17 to the Vikings today. Yawn.  Another “moral victory.”

😂 Neil that reads perfectly fine if you start typing with your fingers on the wrong keys.  Typed that late last night.

Just tossed that in because OSU dropped completely OUT of the top 10 after their loss to Oregon.  Think they were rated 3 or 4 then.  Simple.  

I'm good with a one loss regular season but there's a lot of ball left and some tough games coming up.  It will all sort.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

😂 Neil that reads perfectly fine if you start typing with your fingers on the wrong keys.  Typed that late last night.

Just tossed that in because OSU dropped completely OUT of the top 10 after their loss to Oregon.  Think they were rated 3 or 4 then.  Simple.  

I'm good with a one loss regular season but there's a lot of ball left and some tough games coming up

Yeah but that was to Oregon.  Are they ducks or what?

• Haha 1

I've watched the clip about 10 times and it was obviously a good clean tackle due to the missed assignment which opened the lane.  Perhaps it's something from a previous hit that wasn't disclosed.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/sean-clifford-injury-update-penn-state-iowa/1ppbdzpc76tkr110siqffjqujs

Confidence?  He's the #2 man and should always be ready but that's on the QB coach.

Ya got a bye-week this week and he'll be ready to go.  Indiana @ home?  He'll be comfy again.

Iowa plays tough at home just ask any Buckeye.  :)

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I've watched the clip about 10 times and it was obviously a good clean tackle due to the missed assignment which opened the lane.  Perhaps it's something from a previous hit that wasn't disclosed.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/sean-clifford-injury-update-penn-state-iowa/1ppbdzpc76tkr110siqffjqujs

Confidence?  He's the #2 man and should always be ready but that's on the QB coach.

Ya got a bye-week this week and he'll be ready to go.  Indiana @ home?  He'll be comfy again.

Iowa plays tough at home just ask any Buckeye.  :)

Clean hit. No question

And yes, it's on the coaches to ensure your backup is ready.

The kid was totally overwhelmed and unprepared. Some key passes were dropped for sure and the illegal motion flags on the OL was pathetic.

Total offensive implosion.

PSUs running game has been pathetic and Clifford getting hurt was always a fear and know its reality. Fortunately we have a bye week and them face Illinois

We had a more than  competent backup last year named Will Levis. He's starting QB for the #11 Kentucky Wildcats now.

DAMN YOU TRANSFER PORTAL!😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

Soooooo.......

If your starting QB got knocked out of the game, how confident would you be with the backup QB?

What a nightmare😞

I agree with Dave @Dave1291 the #2 QB at PSU ought to be up to the task and should have been better prepared.  He was heavily recruited for a reason.  His high school stats are amazing.  With more preparation he should do well.  Now if #2 goes down all bets are off.

• Like 2

That transfer portal is a game changer for sure.

You look at these hungry kids today wanting playing time.  Perfect example is Joe Burrow going from OSU to LSU.  Maybe he should have gotten more playing time?  OR even the starting job but for some reason he didn't.  Both he and Justin Fields are in the big time now.  Who's better?  That's on the team that drafted them.

Right now OSU has 3, yes THREE, great QB's and Coach only needs 2 but the more the merrier.  ALL about playing time though.  These kids are gonna start jumping all over the NCAA looking for playing time.  Factor in these same kids getting paid?  Seriously?

Now while I'm rolling factor in this, which many FANS aren't thinking about.  IMO, this WILL happen all over the country and I've been told the wheels are already in motion @ OSU.  They've already started a few years ago.

Let's talk MONEY.  Where is it gonna come from?  Ticket price increases?  Alumni are whining already about increases the past few years.  The uni responds with "well if you don't want to pay it there are many from outside the alumni ranks that WILL pay it to get into games.  OSU is doing that right now.  Corporate boxes everywhere, this and that ALL factor into the big money picture.  

It's gonna happen everywhere in the NCAA.  Buy your big screen home theater and relax.  My season tickets are gone for every game and I'm not the one using them.  I'll go watch blue next year @ home and that's it.

Licensing/Trademarks and MONEY are going to take over college football in the next 5 years and I don't like it at ALL.

That's my take on it anyway. 

Oh yea, forget the tailgating.  It'll be included into your ticket price.  Couple hot dogs, a bag of chips and a big sweet water or you're favorite beer that's piped in from a tanker truck a block away.  You're favorite parking spot close to the stadium and tailgate space?  Just watch...   :)

• Like 2

Purdue (not ranked) demonstrated how it got the nickname Spoilermakers by defeating #2 Iowa soundly at Iowa.   According to the announcers, that is the ninth time an unranked Boilermaker team beat a #2 team.  No other college football team has done that more than four times.

• Like 1