College Football 2021

EmilC

17 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Penn State WILL show up!

Game at a time.

I think the defense will but they can only hold out for so long

Clifford played hurt Saturday and it will be a miracle if he's 100% for OSU

Again, year after year,  weak offensive line and this has been an issue since Franklin arrived.  Absolutely no run game. Biggest running threat now is Clifford. With him playing hurt, totally a one dimension offense. Having superfreak Saquan Barkley and QB McSorely in the backfield made up for it a few years ago. Not with today's roster.

OSU will be going after Clifford for sure

May even knock him out for the rest of the year

Season over

Who's going to the Penn State v Michigan game?

Lucky me 😞

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47usyxutqnejwc53lfv4

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 7:42 AM, Pete H said:

I've been saying for the past few years, Franklin is not a good coach or recruiter, because he's not a good coach, his staffing has been questionable, and the results are evident.  He's stuck with a QB that has, and continues to make poor decisions and is at best, mid grade, but obviously, they can't recruit anything better, or they would be, or should be playing.  

I thought recruiting was his forte? ( Forte. get it?. See what I did there? 😀)

PSU is currently ranked #3 in the 2022 rankings above OSU

Oh, and back up QB Taquan Robinson received an offer from OSU after he committed to PSU

He was good enough for OSU but not good enough to play against Illinois?

What are they doing with hime?

Remember Justin Fields?

Once Penn State's 'dream QB' recruit, Fields becomes Big Ten foe

Well, he does deserve credit for taking the program out of its dark days,  beating OSU and winning the Big10 championship in 2016

LSU and USC have shown interest

Odds this is his last year?

• Like 2

Big game for PSU  against Illinois at the Big House this weekend.

Oh. and Clifford is expected to be 100% healthy

Words from a broken man who hired a new agent and thought he had the leverage to renegotiate his contract with PSU because of interest from LSU and USC.

This season, Franklin will make $5.4 million — and his yearly compensation will go up as each year of the contract passes. ... He's guaranteed to make $5.5 million in 2021, and his compensation will increase by $250,000 for each season through 2025

Ryan Day will make 6.6m this year. Does Franklin believe he should make that kind of money?

With that said, PSU will play OSU close or even win and we'll be throwing money at Franklin 😀

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, EmilC said:

I think the defense will but they can only hold out for so long

Clifford played hurt Saturday and it will be a miracle if he's 100% for OSU

Again, year after year,  weak offensive line and this has been an issue since Franklin arrived.  Absolutely no run game. Biggest running threat now is Clifford. With him playing hurt, totally a one dimension offense. Having superfreak Saquan Barkley and QB McSorely in the backfield made up for it a few years ago. Not with today's roster.

Season over

Who's going to the Penn State v Michigan game?

Lucky me 😞

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47usyxutqnejwc53lfv4

May go to that game as well.  Depends on my schedule and the weather.  My brother has season tickets, and we typically try and get together for at least one.  

• Like 2

The weather today in East Lansing looks poor for Spartans vs Wolverines. Google says high of 52 with 50% chance of rain, humidity 82%, and 8mph wind.  

I doubt the weather will favor either team.  I’m reminded of an interview of Paterno after being upset by Navy in a hard rain. When the interviewer offered the rain as an excuse, Joe said, “I’m pretty sure it was raining on their side of the field too.”

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pete H said:

OSU will go after Clifford for sure.  He'll be ready to go though.  Penn State will go after Stroud  the same way but they're going to have to get thru that O line, which will be a test for sure.  Factor in the receivers?  Entirely different ball game but Penn State isn't some slouch defending.

Weather?  "They" say a slight chance of rain but we all know how that goes.  NO white out in Cbus tonight either.  Gonna be a RED out!

Should be a great game!  GO BUCKS cause I KNOW I'm not gonna get any I-O's outta you guys if I give you and O-H!  😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rplace said:

Nuff (ruff) said!

Give that big dog a big steak bone and he'll fall asleep before half time...  😂

3 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

The Tide has LSU today. Never know.

Seriously?  😂   

Rest assured even if Bama loses they'll prolly move up in the standings.  😂  😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Give that big dog a big steak bone and he'll fall asleep before half time..

He is miles ahead of you. Bo knows the outcome of the game already no sense in missing the opportunity for a nap. Why stress out when you're playing the Spartans? He's a good couch buddy.

Compress_20211030_123629_9306.thumb.jpg.cd3fd035591aba07e4a69dea2d4f9457.jpg

• Like 2