College Football 2021

EmilC

25 minutes ago, EmilC said:

It’s a crazy world.  As much as I’m enjoying the success of The Spartans under Mel Tucker, something is wrong about his salary at the same time the university cuts swimming and diving.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Mel Tucker is a good coach and will be fine.  Worked with Jim Tressel @ OSU and knows the game..  MSU is coming to play so I'm looking forward to a great game.  Weather won't be too bad in the Shoe so it's goin down sports fans.  On any given day.

College Game day in the morning then a noon  kick on ABC.  Should be a great ball game! 

Game at a time & GO BUCKS!  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

It’s a crazy world.  As much as I’m enjoying the success of The Spartans under Mel Tucker, something is wrong about his salary at the same time the university cuts swimming and diving.

The insulated world of academia has been going off the rails for years. FB/BB coaches are generally the highest paid state employees. Most schools have/are becoming easy landing spots for tenured leftist professors at the tax payers expense. Football/basketball programs played with “the student athlete” are nothing more than profit centers = NFL/NBA lite - 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Big time D1 College football and basketball draw in huge amounts of money for the university. I thought some of that money was used to finance minor sports such as swimming and diving

You guys HAD to push that button with me didn't you?  OSU announced yesterday that NEXT season's football season tickets go on sale next week.  That was the same day AFTER they announced a decrease in ticket prices next year.  It's ALL about the money now and they could care less about alum's.  Drive them out and they can raise the prices once again.  It's going to get much worse down the road w/the Pay for Play garbage.  Can't wait til it's PPV, which is what ESPN wants.  So there ya go!  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Most schools have/are becoming easy landing spots for tenured leftist professors at the tax payers expense.

"Leftist"?  I think you need to do a bit of research and perhaps adjust your commentary.  "Tax payers expense"?  I didn't see any tax payer money when I was sending several hundred thousand dollars to have my daughter get her doctorate in Pharmacy.

Hey Jimbo

UM...er...I mean....MU is looking good this year!

This may be the year they beat OSU.

35 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

""Tax payers expense"?  I didn't see any tax payer money when I was sending several hundred thousand dollars to have my daughter get her doctorate in Pharmacy.

She going for a Pharm D or PHD?

Congrats either way

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

"Leftist"?  I think you need to do a bit of research and perhaps adjust your commentary.  "Tax payers expense"?  I didn't see any tax payer money when I was sending several hundred thousand dollars to have my daughter get her doctorate in Pharmacy.

Nor did I when my daughter worked her way through the Masters program on way to becoming a nurse practitioner. Incurred zero debt by working in the sponsoring hospital for the required three years after graduation. 
And I’m not sure what “tenured professors” and “tax payers expense” has anything to do with your daughters education and subsequent success.  Me thinks the term “leftest” was the trigger for the out of context reply - 

49 minutes ago, RandyH said:

James Franklin gets paid more than Ryan Day and deservedly so after calling plays like this.

Hard to watch....again

1. Nick Saban, Alabama -- $9.753 million
2. Ed Orgeron, LSU -- $9.012 million
3. Dabo Swinney, Clemson -- $9.508 million
4. David Shaw, Stanford -- $8.924 million
5. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma -- $7.672 million
6. Dan Mullen, Florida -- $7.57 million
7. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M -- $7.5 million
8. Kirby Smart, Georgia -- $7.133 million
9. James Franklin, Penn State -- $7 million
10. Ryan Day, Ohio State -- $6.614 million

• Haha 2