College Football 2021

EmilC

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I've never paid for a PPV event. Probably won't be starting. Lots of good games on CBS, NBC, Fox. I'll be watching those if/when available.

ALLLL gonna be ppv.  You'll pay or ya will listen on the radio (maybe).  :)  OR you're gonna pay the upcharge that's gonna hit college sports tickets.  Think NCAA and $$$  :)  Wouldn't it be nice to pay $100 a month and access to the majority of the good games every weekend and other sporting events?   😂

Price of NFL tickets will be going up too.  SSDD.  :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Harbaugh becomes host of Jeopardy. Shelley Meyer runs as Trump's vice-presidential candidate. Courtney Love becomes a nun.  :)

Is that a doobie in your ashtray?

Or are you famished to the point of...?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I've never paid for a PPV event. Probably won't be starting. Lots of good games on CBS, NBC, Fox. I'll be watching those if/when available.

The u of h has been ppv especially for home games for a while now.  What it does is drive the ones who care into sports bars.  Of course some actually drive to and from these.

• Like 1

Just get out your checkbook or start saving now @Travis In Austin  In the next few years the pay for the players, the conference, the college, the NCAA are all going to be getting fat off the fans.  Another one of the QB's from OSU hit the portal this week.  He was going to pick up 1.2 million from OSU for playing 4 years.  So he leaves and picks up a check for a couple hundred thousand earned standing on the sideline, goes to another school and picks up more cash.  Where's the money coming from?  Licensing and trademarks, higher ticket prices,  corporate loge boxes, public ticket sales etc.  PPV is another way for ESPN to make some cash while kicking back money into the Conferences who snag some then down hill to the Universities.  Watch it on major networks for free?  Nope, ESPN will pay the local networks to cover the games.  They already share things sports related w/other networks.  It's gonna be a major cluster f*&) down the road.  Sure you can tailgate and go to a game but parking will be minimal and farther away from the event.  The close parking will be sold to those partaking in the all-in-one tailgates run by the Uni's.  Gotta make money anyway they can.  It's down the road but that's what I've been told.

18 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Just get out your checkbook or start saving now @Travis In Austin  In the next few years the pay for the players, the conference, the college, the NCAA are all going to be getting fat off the fans.  Another one of the QB's from OSU hit the portal this week.  He was going to pick up 1.2 million from OSU for playing 4 years.  So he leaves and picks up a check for a couple hundred thousand earned standing on the sideline, goes to another school and picks up more cash.  Where's the money coming from?  Licensing and trademarks, higher ticket prices,  corporate loge boxes, public ticket sales etc.  PPV is another way for ESPN to make some cash while kicking back money into the Conferences who snag some then down hill to the Universities.  Watch it on major networks for free?  Nope, ESPN will pay the local networks to cover the games.  They already share things sports related w/other networks.  It's gonna be a major cluster f*&) down the road.  Sure you can tailgate and go to a game but parking will be minimal and farther away from the event.  The close parking will be sold to those partaking in the all-in-one tailgates run by the Uni's.  Gotta make money anyway they can.  It's down the road but that's what I've been told.

It's a free market and prices charged for events like this have long amazed me. A self inflicted wound caused by those who spend the money and never seem to care how much. The only way to stop this is to refuse to subsidize this and I find few complainers willing to do so. If you are not willing to cut the cable then be quiet and pay.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:45 PM, Dave1291 said:

Harbaugh

As much as it pains me to say it: Congratulations to Coach Harbaugh and the Michigan football Wolverines. Good luck in the Big 10 Championship game. Me? I'm rooting for Luke and the Cincinnati Bearcats.

and always, win or lose, GO BUCKS!

• Like 2