College Football 2021

EmilC

Players opting out of bowl games

https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/mississippi-state-football-head-coach-mike-leach-player-opt-outs-texas-tech-liberty-bowl-charles-cross

"You've got an obligation to the place that helped build and develop you and finish it out in the bowl," he said. "That's part of it. You owe it to your team, you owe it to your fans, you owe it to your coaches and it’s the most bizarre thing in the world to me."

I tend to agree with him. Are bowl games not important?

Insignificant to the program? You want to finish out the year with a win

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

Urbs is done coaching for sure

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/urban-meyer-fired-ex-jaguars-kicker-josh-lambo-says-he-was-kicked-by-former-coach-during-warmups-in-preseason/

Would any D1 program hire him now?

Would he even want to coach

Give it time. May not be a D1 school but after he has spent a year or two sitting on his azz and or hasn’t been hired as yet another “college analyst” for a network a school will flash enough cash to pull him back in. Won’t be the first or will it be the last that the disgraced have returned - 

Actually, I was a bit surprised that Urb TOOK the Jacksonville job.  I full-well believe he needed out of OSU. 

Health wise it was killing him so he opened his dinner club in Dublin.  A pricey kinda place for both food and alcohol.  Great spot and it was a new building.  They didn't cut corners on anything and I enjoy the place.  The food is great.  He's loaded with cash so yea a place to hang it up and relax.

Then a year or so later he's in Jacksonville??  Welllll, kids and nice place close to Miami?  Ok, I'm good with that.  Once a Coach always a Coach.  Win the greatest game on the planet one day and get fired the next. Then the video surfaces?

Don't really know but it has to be tragic for him and his family.  It is what it is though.  At least he never held any sleepovers while on the recruiting trail.   :)

• Haha 1