College Football 2021

EmilC

It's on here, don't know for how long though. Was on espn for the pregame, it switched me around a minute ago. Found ............... I'll stay here until I have to search for it again!

*Fake Channel

Will Bama win it with a TD pass in the last minute🤣😂 or just Roll On.

Like to watch the fight and the finesse!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

JL is way too busy in Fansville to worry about posting here...understandable.

Yeah, that was it. Congrats to the Dawgs! Georgia wins it! They played a heck of a game. Bama just couldn't compete without those 2 best receivers. Always next year! :)

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 1:16 PM, Dave1291 said:

I never was a fan of Brian Kelly

Kelly is one of my least favorite coaches, I mean humans.  I lost all respect for him after he allowed a student to die while videotaping PRACTICE (think Allen Iverson) from a scissor-lift during a windstorm.  ND is better off without him; LSU deserves what they got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Kelly is one of my least favorite coaches, I mean humans.  I lost all respect for him after he allowed a student to die while videotaping PRACTICE (think Allen Iverson) from a scissor-lift during a windstorm.  ND is better off without him; LSU deserves what they got.

Alabama has 2 my all time most despised coaches.  The head coach and OC.  They both went to the NFL and absolutely destroyed 2 teams that I root for.  Both of them set the franchises back years.  

• Thanks 1

Interesting game.  Nice to see GA finally win one after 41 years.  They played some D that's for sure but a dismal performance from the Heisman winner.  Saban got his Heisman but it's next man up in the receiver corps.  That didn't happen.  That pick-6?  He did have a couple nice throws though.

I think Saban and Dabo are two of the worst coaches in the NCAA imo.  I won't go there but I've watched Nick for years.  Kent State, Toledo, Michigan State, OSU, The Browns?  Dabo?  It'll catch up with them.  Nick's 70 soooo he'll gracefully bow out in few years but he'll pick the right time to leave.  Right before it all starts to hit the fan.  He'll go out and the same way Bear did.  He's a winner though.  Thing is, the kids are getting smarter.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/university-michigan-reaches-490-million-settlement-anderson-accusers-rcna12713

"Schembechler died in 2006. His son, Matt, alleged that in 1969 Anderson molested him at age 10 and that his father refused to believe him. He said his mother, Millie, tried to get Anderson fired but Schembechler had him reinstated."

Bo knew

Too late for the NCAA to impose sanctions?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm no atty so who knows.  OSU pretty much settled their case w/a payoff and there weren't any sanctions that I know of.  @DizRotus might have more knowledge on what happened @ MSU.  Penn State is another story.  I do know what I was told about Jerry Sandusky by another photog who shot for Penn State.  That was during the time he was coaching for Paterno.  I just dismissed it but when the story broke I was left shaking my head.

There's a pecking order among side line photographers just like anything else.  The guys who shoot every game tend to hang together.  We talked and joked all the time but I ALWAYS considered the source.  We all listened then but never said anything cause we thought it was garbage.   It was a shocker to me when the story broke a couple years later.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EmilC said:

“Bo knew”

I agree.  The actual assaults at PSU, MSU & OSU (see a pattern there?) and UM were terrible, but the institutional coverups were just as bad, if not worse. I don’t believe that those at the four universities, as well as USA Gymnastics, knowingly initially gave license to Sandusky, Strauss, Nassar, & Anderson to molest students and athletes.  I do believe that Paterno, Schembechler, and responsible individuals at all of the institutions, learned of the criminal assaults, but foolishly put the reputations of themselves and the organizations above the safety of the students and athletes.

IMO, in each case, by the time individuals learned of the unspeakable abuses, they pursued the unforgivable strategy to try to cover it up in a naive attempt to insulate themselves and the respective institutions from shame and liability.  Those cowardly and illegal responses allowed the predators to continue to have unfettered access to young victims .

Paterno knew, but worried more about his personal reputation.  Although Sandusky was removed from his coaching responsibilities, he was allowed access to the university facilities, which allowed him to continue to lure young victims.

Bo knew, but put “The Team” and his personal reputation above the safety of individuals, including his stepson.  Instead of being fired, Anderson was reassigned to the athletic department.

Now that no reasonable person can deny that some, most, or all of the many victims are telling the truth, Individuals within all of the organizations take the very weak position of saying, “yes, but we didn’t know.”  IMO, they knew. More important, it was their responsibility to know.  It was their responsibility to know and to protect the vulnerable from predators.  They failed miserably.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Penn State is another story.  I do know what I was told about Jerry Sandusky by another photog who shot for Penn State.  That was during the time he was coaching for Paterno.  I just dismissed it but when the story broke I was left shaking my head.

What exactly did the photographer say?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

If I told ya I'd have to kill ya.  😂  :)  What do YOU think he said?  I'm always a good listener  :)

That there were always young boys around him?

If so, that wouldnt surprise anyone.

Have you heard of the Second Mile?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Second_Mile

This is where he groomed his victims the sick bastard.

Pedos are a cunning lot unfortunately

• Like 1

Basically, he just said something about showers with him and I said  no way.  He laffed at me and said that Jopa knew about it and did nothing.  I took a stand and said Jopa would have gotten rid of him.  He was laffin so I let him laff.  I don't buy into that garbage talk too much but I never forgot the convo.  VERY strange when a visiting team photog talks like that about his teams Coach.  When the story broke I couldn't believe it.  He actually pointed him out to me standing on their sideline that day when he told me cause I didn't know who he was.  So there ya go.

Good photogs hang together and talk n joke when they're at the other end of the field.  You know your lens capabilities so ya got down time.  Gotta remember this one too.  Photographers ALWAYS have the best jokes on the planet.

I was asked one time after a hoops game what I was talking to the refs about before the game.  Said it looked like I was having a good time cause they were all laffing..  I just said I knew the crews and we were always swapping jokes prior to the games. 

I NEED them on my side to make my job easier.  It's just a couple extra steps to stay outta my way so I could get the shot.  They took them for me.  Stood in someone else's way.  Simple. 

A good joke is a great ice-breaker during down time before a game.  It's just me and that's the way I work.  When I shot I ALWAYS had my game face on though.  Business first.   

I'm thinking that this was the OSU home game when the PSU DB got his back broken.  Can't remember the kids name but he's in a wheel chair now.  It was right in front of the Penn State sideline.  I heard that hit on the other side of the field  and knew it was bad.  Felt so sorry for that kid.

Do the research and get the date and I'm almost positive that was the day I heard that story.  Then research and find out when the story broke.  Few years in between that I know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Individuals within all of the organizations take the very weak position of saying, “yes, but we didn’t know.”  IMO, they knew. More important, it was their responsibility to know.  It was their responsibility to know and to protect the vulnerable from predators.  They failed miserably.

Jim Jordan?

• Haha 1