If you ever needed more evidence that we are living in a Bizzaro world right now...

Schu

On a more harmless note, yet evidencing a bizzaro world; I went to Lowe's for a 15' length of 12/2 Romex. I had to have the fellow repeat several times it would be $28.  $28?  I guess I should be glad they had it as opposed to WallyWorld not having regular MilkBones. Someone in the house will not understand that at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, michaelwardjoines said:

On a more harmless note, yet evidencing a bizzaro world; I went to Lowe's for a 15' length of 12/2 Romex. I had to have the fellow repeat several times it would be $28.  $28?  I guess I should be glad they had it as opposed to WallyWorld not having regular MilkBones. Someone in the house will not understand that at all.

Holy crap.  2 bucks a foot????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Holy crap.  2 bucks a foot????

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

That's not bizzaro...nothing more than plain old greed.

Greed it may be, but from who? A couple weeks back I mentioned looking for Romex at my local Menards where sights were posted alerting buyers to the highest copper priced seen in over ten years. At least Menards posted a heads-up to the price customers are seeing. Hey, the price lumber has fallen so you have that — 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 3:51 PM, michaelwardjoines said:

So MilkBone is the new TP?
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Southwire-Romex-SIMpull-250-ft-12-2-Non-Metallic-Wire-By-the-Roll/1193433

On 9/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, geezin' said:

That's not bizzaro...nothing more than plain old greed.

I think that it has less to do with greed and more to do with the surge of buying after a year of being locked up, plus supplies and the supply chain is down due to the shutdown last year. 

nothing new here children....

It's history repeating itself

technology makes it easier 

to get a hold of.... Or a hold of us !

the only problem is and when it stops...... 

The lunatic is on the grass The lunatic is on the grass Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs Got to keep the loonies on the path The lunatic is in the hall The lunatics are in my hall The paper holds their folded faces to the floor And every day the paper boy brings more And if the dam breaks open many years too soon And if there is no room upon the hill And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too I'll see you on the dark side of the moon The lunatic is in my head The lunatic is in my head You raise the blade, you make the change You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane You lock the door And throw away the key There's someone in my head but it's not me And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear You shout and no one seems to hear And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

I can't think of anything to say except
Hahahahahahaha!
I think it's marvellous!
Hahaha...