Bar 48 No-Power Repair Thread

SixerFixer

Nice work SuperSixer. 
Through your teaching I was also able to fix mine. It stopped working after just a year and Kilspch woudn't reply to the claim I filed (sound familiar). But let's keep this focused on your greatness, not their failures. 

Thanks for helping so many people. Also thanks to all the other valid fixes mentioned here and contributions to the conversation. Mainly thank you SuperSixer for leading the charge. 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your diagnosis and resolution to this issue. Helped me fix my Cinema 600 soundbar within 10 minutes after receiving the power supply module.

The only difference in my installation is the port location for the +5v which worked at the DC2- instead of DC2+.

• Like 1

Wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread who provided great info. I was able to use the Amazon link provided and get the part up here in Canada and with the various posts here and pictures, get my Bar 48 up and running again. Mine died after 3.5 years so seems I may have actually done pretty well. Oddly though about a year in, the LEDs started to flicker so I wonder if that was the beginning of the end.

Before I found this thread, I tried a couple of different sound bars as a replacement and kept sending them back as the Bar 48 just sounded so good. I ended up ordering the Cinema 600 and it's actually a bit of an upgrade in sound, and wow the sub is much bigger. That said, I had another TV I needed a sound bar for, so the 48 will be put back into service (and one less thing in the land fill!). Also nice to know if it dies it'll be the same procedure for the new one as well (I did buy an extended warranty this time!)

15 hours ago, WYLIE said:

CAN SOME TELL WHERE DID THEY FIND THE POWER SUPPLY AT? ETOP LPS-U101D2405L

THANK YOU

If you're talking about the one link a couple of pages previously, oddly the "Amazon.com" (USA) link is now showing unavailable. I just looked it up on the Canadian site and now it's there (which would have been more convenient for me as a Canadian).

24V 4A/5V1A Dual Switch Power Supply Board Module 120W Power Module Isolated Dual Output Power Supply : Amazon.ca: Electronics

On 2/27/2023 at 10:41 AM, noly said:

Thanks for sharing your diagnosis and resolution to this issue. Helped me fix my Cinema 600 soundbar within 10 minutes after receiving the power supply module.

The only difference in my installation is the port location for the +5v which worked at the DC2- instead of DC2+.

Sooo there is no soldering or anything like that??? Just remove and replace???  My 600 cinema just died... led started flickering.. and the went out but bar was working.. now it doesnt power on at all.. anything else should i need.??? Thank you in advance!!!

On 3/6/2023 at 9:42 PM, perroloco123 said:

Sooo there is no soldering or anything like that??? Just remove and replace???  My 600 cinema just died... led started flickering.. and the went out but bar was working.. now it doesnt power on at all.. anything else should i need.??? Thank you in advance!!!

get a new Power supply 

23 minutes ago, Jack10525 said:

@perroloco123 it doesn't look like there is a drop in replacement. The link shown requires some wiring. Not sure if you need to solder but definitely splicing... Wish there was a direct replacement available. Mine died too....

get a new power supply 

4 hours ago, OO1 said:

get a new power supply 

Klipsch doesn't offer power supplies; They won't repair the soundbar; If the soundbar is still under warranty, Klipsch will provide a replacement unit. If it is out of warranty... tough luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack10525 said:

It's not the same power supply in my sound bar. Not sure what wires go where.

Bar 48 and Cinema 600 use the power supply in the Amazon link , read the thread , all instructions on installation are posted 

1 hour ago, Jack10525 said:

***EDIT***

I found the correct psu on amazon.

OK I am going to order this power supply and see if I can get my sound bar to work. Which one do I choose? I don't see one listed with 5v. 

I added the link to the correct power supply , buy 2   , cause these PS  dont last very long and the 24 V is often  on Back-order  

24V 4A/5V1A Dual Switch Power Supply Board Module 120W Power Module Isolated Dual Output Power Supply

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GWCPTQB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I’m having trouble with my power supply replacement.  I have the 24v 4A/5v 1A from amazon.  But it looks a little different.  I will add some pics.  I get a green light when I have power plugged into this new power supply.  My 24v is on the left side and my +5 volt on the right side which seems to link up with the rest of what everyone encountered. I’ve tired the white gnd and the STD/VVD twisted together. And swapped them back and forth in the DC2 side.  The green power supply light is on constant as long as power is plugged in.  I believe I verified the 24v and 5v sides with power plugged in.  

I will add the swap of wires in another post.  Seems my image files are large.

But No light ever comes on on the power button on the soundbar when I press it.  

I’m not sure what I’m missing.  Thanks I’m advance for any help.  

256F5EB3-2C55-4E8A-9BBA-47AE7C2BCED6.jpeg

7 hours ago, bwall said:

I’m having trouble with my power supply replacement.  I have the 24v 4A/5v 1A from amazon.  But it looks a little different.  I will add some pics.  I get a green light when I have power plugged into this new power supply.  My 24v is on the left side and my +5 volt on the right side which seems to link up with the rest of what everyone encountered. I’ve tired the white gnd and the STD/VVD twisted together. And swapped them back and forth in the DC2 side.  The green power supply light is on constant as long as power is plugged in.  I believe I verified the 24v and 5v sides with power plugged in.  

I will add the swap of wires in another post.  Seems my image files are large.

But No light ever comes on on the power button on the soundbar when I press it.  

I’m not sure what I’m missing.  Thanks I’m advance for any help.  

Image from iOS (11).jpg