Bar 48 No-Power Repair Thread

SixerFixer

Hi OO1

I tried this setup and had the same result.   Still no light on power button or help on power button when trying to turn the unit back on. 

Here's the pic of that setup I tried.  I believe this is correct wire setup per the image you attached.  

IMG_4782fr.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 9.59.39 AM.png

So this is taken from 2 different posters. Not sure who is correct. I tried every which but sunday and can't get my sound bar to provide sound. I'm sending the psu back to amazon and am shopping for a new sound bar. Any suggestions???

On the low voltage side, as you're looking at it on the edge, the 24V is on the left and 5V is on the right. I confirmed this with a multimeter and urge anyone doing this repair to confirm this.
In the 5V side, the red and white wires go together into the positive side. Black goes to ground.

I can confirm the power supply is the same for the cinema 600. I have just completed the repair to my sound bar and it is back up and running. 

Also confirming on the cinema 600 the GND is the white cable, VDD is black and STB is the red wire on the smaller plug. 

as above twist the VDD  and STB together and it will all work as expected. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ItStartedWithKG4s said:

Now, can I get some help with the annoying, intermittent chirps coming from my Surround 3s? 🙂

You can search this forum to see if anyone has encountered a particular issue.

The Cinema 600 Sound Bar Thread has lots of helpful information. That would be a good place to become familiar with Cinema 600 soundbar issues or ask your question.

• Like 1

@Jack10525

I flipped my wires back to the way in this attached picture and plugged the unit back in. 

white ground on the inside right terminal

red and black twisted on the outside right terminal

I had to do a longer press on the power button on the soundbar and it finally lit up red.   It was weird.  I saw a red power light and lost it.  Then clicked it a few more times saw it lost it.  I then noticed it takes about 2-3 second hold of the power button or a quick double tap to get it to come on. 

I'm up and running on bluetooth now and will put things back together and test my TV.

Thanks everyone for the details in this post!  

IMG_4776.HEIC

Edited by bwall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nead assistance 

soundbar 48  sub is running at about Quarter volume when full turned up full 

the bar runs at normally 

tried everything in the manual  even swaped output lines now optical in 

nothing make the slightest difference 

Tv set  even put more bass in the range 

set tv sound to zero 

12 hours ago, xenon1 said:

nead assistance

Hi @xenon1, welcome to the Klipsch Community forums.

This is the Bar 48 No-Power Repair Thread. You have a completely different issue so you should begin a new thread in this forum for your issue. A good choice for a Subject might be: BAR 48 sub has very low volume.

Please provide as many details as possible:

• How old is your soundbar?
  • Did it ever work at full volume?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Have you updated the firmware?

Your post will be much more visible and you will have a better chance that someone can provide an answer.

2 hours ago, OO1 said:

buy a new power supply asap

Before recommending a solution it would be prudent to identify the source of the problem first.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:38 PM, xenon1 said:

soundbar 48  sub is running at about Quarter volume when full turned up full 

the bar runs at normally 

These BAR 48 knowledge base articles suggest that the subwoofer also has issues. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, bwall said:

Hi OO1

I tried this setup and had the same result.   Still no light on power button or help on power button when trying to turn the unit back on. 

Here's the pic of that setup I tried.  I believe this is correct wire setup per the image you attached.  

IMG_4782fr.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 9.59.39 AM.png

I can confirm this works on my cinema 600 . But you have to double tap the power button to turn on. This is the powersupply used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWCPTQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 hours ago, sjurks said:

But you have to double tap the power button to turn on. This is the powersupply used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWCPTQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you're using the correct power supply ,   start by checking the  connections of the switch  , or swap the PS , just to be on the safe  side ,  

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the power supply from amazon. My Cinema 600 will not turn on as of yesterday. verified 2.9v on the 5v side.

I was wondering if anyone had as connectivity issues leading up to a full failure? Mine would disconnect from the TV randomly and I would have to turn off and back on again to get it going. I'm thinking that the power has been a problem for some time before the power supply finally failed outright.

Thanks everyone!