Bar 48 No-Power Repair Thread

SixerFixer

Hello, thanks for this lovely hack. It definitely works. I did come across a small issue. When I turn off soundbar (48), the subwoofer and the surround 3 speakers remain on and will not go in standby. It's as if they are still paired to the soundbar even though it is off. what could I have done wrong? Has anyone else faced this issue? 

• 2 weeks later...

Adding to the list of happy DIYers, the 48 is back up and running. Only replaced the 2 resisters C05, and C06. Bought the PS just in case. Anyone want to buy the PS off me, I will give you a deal. Anyway, thanks a bunch!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 7:05 PM, Karan said:

Hello, thanks for this lovely hack. It definitely works. I did come across a small issue. When I turn off soundbar (48), the subwoofer and the surround 3 speakers remain on and will not go in standby. It's as if they are still paired to the soundbar even though it is off. what could I have done wrong? Has anyone else faced this issue? 

Hi Karan, 

You may try to disconnect the STB wire from the new power supply and use electrical tape to insulate it. This wire is only needed if you are still using the original power supply board. 

STB is a signal thrown out by the microcontroller chip. It tells the rest of the speaker system to wake up (3.3V) or power down (0V), so if it is permanently connected to 5V on the new power supply, it could mean the speaker system never goes to standby/sleep.