How do the Jubilees compare to the Khorns?

RickD

I didn't understand the last sentence.

I think my Khorns sound pretty good but they do have their weakness. Hopefully Al's Exreme Slope xovers and BMS drivers will fill in the gaps. My RME Dac does an excellent job in minimizing the damage caused by the K55 mid-range drivers.

I was thinking about taking a drive to a dealer thats about an hour away, but then I had second thoughts. Everything sounds good until you hear something better.

Granted i have jubensteins, i have the stock k402 horn and driver but i am using a dual 18" jbl lowers.  Xillica 4080 active crossover.  I have a custom handmade tube amp for the uppers and a crown amp for the lowers.  And honestly I have chronic upgraditis and i havent wanted to change anything on this setup.  Everytime i think i want to upgrade i go into my listening room and immediately lose the urge.  If you dont go with a jubilee i would highly recommend the switch to a xillica active crossover.  After room treatments its the most significant improvement you can make to any speaker.

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

The KHorns are excellent speakers if you have proper corners. The Jubes are much more forgiving in that regard. And the 402 horn blows away the mid and tweet on the KHorn.

Plus what Jubes are available right now? The new ones coming soon are $$$$$$$

My Khorns have DE-120 drivers and Dave A's lenses. The high end is awesome. My corners are not perfect because each corner has adjacent windows, but the low end is still great, maybe the windows help. I am patiently waiting for new extreme slope xovers. I have replaced the cast mid horn with the wood  V-Trac from Volti. That was a good improvement but the K55s gotta go.

The new Jubes are $20K + if they have been released, My Khorns cost me $2k new back in 1987.(I had a friend who was an audio dealer)  Now they start around $16K

2 hours ago, Kalifornian said:

Granted i have jubensteins, i have the stock k402 horn and driver but i am using a dual 18" jbl lowers.  Xillica 4080 active crossover.  I have a custom handmade tube amp for the uppers and a crown amp for the lowers.  And honestly I have chronic upgraditis and i havent wanted to change anything on this setup.  Everytime i think i want to upgrade i go into my listening room and immediately lose the urge.  If you dont go with a jubilee i would highly recommend the switch to a xillica active crossover.  After room treatments its the most significant improvement you can make to any speaker.

I Jubes are above my payscale. I'm gonna stick with my horns.

First I've heard of Xillica active crossovers, something more to read about.

What have you done for room treatments? I have my system set up in the living room with hardwood floors and an 18' ceiling. My chair is 15' from the front of the speakers and the speakers are about 13' feet apart on center. The house is an open plan with the left side open to the kitchen and the wall ends 4' from the side of the speaker. The right speaker is up against a 24' wall. This is interesting because some high frequency sound coming from the left speaker is reflecting off of the right wall and sounds as though it's coming from behind me.

Behind my chair is a stairway and I notice that the sound is better when my ears are about 4' above the speakers.

I'm open to any suggestions.

They do not compare!

Several years ago I built a pair of Jub-Like clones, with the Faital HF-200 CDs on the 402s.

I had never heard a pair of Jubs and this build was a TON of work, but they did turn out nice... sounding and looking!

Regrettably I sold them (momentary lack of reasoning) and now I have redone my system around a pair of beefed up Peavey FH-200 bins

and another pair of 402s.

Both system being directed by a Xilica XP-4080.

I have owned every Heritage Klipsch (including KHorns) with the exception of the Belle and can say without a shadow of a doubt that the Jubilee (K-402) 

is they VERY best Klipsch system there is.

I thought my previous beloved KEF 107s were great (which they were) but I do love what I am listening to as I type this!!!

20 hours ago, RickD said:

The new Jubes are $20K + if they have been released, My Khorns cost me $2k new back in 1987.(I had a friend who was an audio dealer)  Now they start around $16K

easy enough ----sell your khorns and order a pair of Jubes or look for a used pair of older Jubes ---khorns and Jubes are 2 very different speakers , now we're talking of the 1st generation Jube 

1 hour ago, Schu said:

bigger is better...

New 'Jubilees are only 20k'... where the heck are you shopping?

Only 20K? I'm sure the dealer cuts the price once you commit.  7% tax here.

They gave me $700 off on my McIntosh including delivery and set up. 

Paducah Home Theater put together a comparison video between the just discontinued version of the Jubilee and the latest Khorns done by Trey who is an engineer at Klipsch and Jason who does video content for Klipsch.

Klipsch battle of the biggest and baddest - Klipschorn VS Jubilee

On 8/28/2021 at 9:01 PM, HPower said:

They do not compare!

Several years ago I built a pair of Jub-Like clones, with the Faital HF-200 CDs on the 402s.

I had never heard a pair of Jubs and this build was a TON of work, but they did turn out nice... sounding and looking!

Regrettably I sold them (momentary lack of reasoning) and now I have redone my system around a pair of beefed up Peavey FH-200 bins

and another pair of 402s.

Both system being directed by a Xilica XP-4080.

It's not just you who is regretting.  I keep thinking that it would have been worth the high cost of shipping your Jube clones out here, but I waited too long and missed my chance.  Oh well.