The DSP adventure begins, LaScala bins with KPT-904-HF tops. (Jubescalas?)

zeagan

21 minutes ago, zeagan said:

It's measurable but you really only hear it without the EQ in the "I can listen to one song before OSHA shows up and shoves plugs in my ears" volume levels. 

Ha ha I figured as much. The ones I have done this way sounded very good past any level I was willing to subject myself to. I am paying the price, as you will more than likely, for too many db's in work and speaker muscle flexing. It creeps up on you.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:41 PM, Dave A said:

Ha ha I figured as much. The ones I have done this way sounded very good past any level I was willing to subject myself to. I am paying the price, as you will more than likely, for too many db's in work and speaker muscle flexing. It creeps up on you.

I don't doubt it, and it's hard not to overindulge a little with these now that they're dialed in. They just do loud so well, especially moving from the JBL to the B&C, has a smoother top end I find at high volume. House plans for 2023 has a listening room designed into it, that's when I'll subject myself to some DIY MWM's.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:50 PM, zeagan said:

that's when I'll subject myself to some DIY MWM's.

I'm fortunate to have a pair, plain black with no aluminum trim or anything. I just delivered my LaScalas to my older son today, but I've still to get cables wired and setup with the digital crossover.

@dtel   built some MWM singles out of oak ply. They look really nice. I have his drawing if you need it or can take measurements off mine.

• Like 2