Industrial La Scalas

dtr20

23 minutes ago, Racer X said:

This sounds like a most interesting idea and to me would be more desirable and far easier to implement than other schemes to time align the drivers.  Not even sure the effect or if it is necessary, so I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Time alignment make for more coherent sound. Personally I cant hear a difference when 8 or 10 inches or so are involved but many swear they can and set those tweeters on top and move them around. A much simpler implementation than DSP would be.

• Like 2

Here are a couple of pictures of the soldered connections on the K55V driver. So far, 2 speakers have these 2 these midrange drivers and round magnet tweeters, and 1 speaker has push pin k55v midrange and a square magnet tweeter. 2 more speakers to go6a2934eae44bb598cb40ebf137ff9eff.jpg83261c9c6d20ceb84fae30ba6c49016e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

So I finished cleaning all of the 5 La Scalas. I took an inventory of all the drivers. I have 5 - k43 woofers, 4 - k55v with soldered connectors, 1 - k55v with push pin connectors, 3 - k77 with round magnets, and 2 - k77m with square magnets.

I opened all of the dog house panels, tightened the screws to the woofers, cleaned off the old gasket tape, and replaced with 3/4" wide closed cell foam gasket tape.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, dtr20 said:

I opened all of the dog house panels, tightened the screws to the woofers, cleaned off the old gasket tape, and replaced with 3/4" wide closed cell foam gasket tape.

were all the woofer screws loose ?