LaScala pro model: following

Shock-Late

I'd like to know if there's any risk of losing/breaking something when opening the door to access the woofer. I'd like to do it when I get mine, to verify the condition of the woofer, but I won't do it if i'm not sure it is 100% safe.

Thanks for your help.

Shock-Late (but you can call me Frans)

quote:

Originally posted by Shock-Late:

I'd like to know if there's any risk of losing/breaking something when opening the door to access the woofer. I'd like to do it when I get mine, to verify the condition of the woofer, but I won't do it if i'm not sure it is 100% safe.

Thanks for your help.

Shock-Late (but you can call me Frans)

Hello Frans! Nothing will break.You may need to replace the gasket.Foam weather-stripping tape works well.Available at building centers and hardware stores.

You can blowout the threads in the wood if you over-tighten screws or insert the screws such that they "start" new threads, ending up with screws that don't batten down the access panel.

Unless the woofer sounds bad justlooking at it won't tell you **** unless you want to verify that it is a K-XX-E or whatever.

I'd just leave it alone and only go in there if you've really think you have to.

Also, that magnet does a great job at pulling your screwdriver tip right into the cone.