Jump to content

What are Herseys worth? 1980-81


Fast996
 Share

Recommended Posts

If they work and the cabinets are in presentable condition then yes, $500 is a very good price. Your pictures don't show much of the cabinet so its hard to tell how clean they are, which affects price.

 

Prices for used Heresy's of your vintage have been rising which I don't understand because as they get older I would expect prices to DROP. Locally they're selling for $700-$1k, which I think is absurd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great -- These are  early 80's Heresy , 1  side note , klipsch replaced  the Midrange driver from the K55V to the Heppner K52 H  as the K55 was in short supply  , the Heresy 1 Speakers   mostly  use the K55V -that's the only interrogation point here , since the K55V was also a more expensive driver and it shined ,sound-wise  under stressed in the smaller   Heresy speaker -

 

  these speakers would go great with your Khorns as the Heresy is the speaker by excellence for the  vocals and a perfect matchup with the K55V as the khorn also uses the K55V and the K77 -

  do a test , place the Heresies  on top of the khorns , you'll be amazed at how they complement the HF sound -

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, billybob said:

That is a K-53-K mid.

klipsch stamped these K53K -----but the Motor is a made by Heppner k52H --Top picture is k52 ,very distinctive magnet   ,

right  picture is K53k made by klipsch on the same tooling ,  as klipsch bought the tooling from Heppner when he died 

Klipsch Heresy K52H Midrange Driver Speaker w/ K-700 Hornimage.jpeg.9bad115164e3b694156c64e66d658d58.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

That is a K-53-K mid.

Correct,

These speakers as far as I can research must be later as they have the Klipsch mid and woofer. Here are the Serial #'s

maybe somebody can figure out what they actually are.

Also talked to the seller and he said that they would require a light touch up with a oil based finish to look very good.

s-l1600 - 2021-09-04T180344.514.jpg

s-l1600 - 2021-09-04T180332.764.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Great -- These are  early 80's Heresy , 1  side note , klipsch replaced  the Midrange driver from the K55V to the Heppner K52 H  as the K55 was in short supply  , the Heresy 1 Speakers   mostly  use the K55V -that's the only interrogation point here , since the K55V was also a more expensive driver and it shined ,sound-wise  under stressed in the smaller   Heresy speaker -

 

  these speakers would go great with your Khorns as the Heresy is the speaker by excellence for the  vocals and a perfect matchup with the K55V as the khorn also uses the K55V and the K77 -

  do a test , place the Heresies  on top of the khorns , you'll be amazed at how they complement the HF sound -

 

 

 

Hi Randy....you remember about my Khorns....I was looking for a set of Heresys locally and these popped up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So at $500 I'm not going to complain....but I would like to know what the consensus is on the "K" driver versions vs the older Heresys . I know PWK was always trying to keep costs down, but did the sound improve? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RandyH said:

klipsch stamped these K53K -----but the Motor is a Heppner k52H --Top picture is k52 ,very distinctive magnet   ,

right  picture is K53k made by klipsch on the , same tooling ,  as klipsch bought the tooling from Heppner when he died 

Klipsch Heresy K52H Midrange Driver Speaker w/ K-700 Hornimage.jpeg.9bad115164e3b694156c64e66d658d58.jpeg

So Randy what do I have? As mine look like your K52 if I'm reading your post right.

848009300_s-l1600-2021-09-04T154700_302.thumb.jpg.308536d5c00041bc03208481278d62d1.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, Fast996 said:

So Randy what do I have? As mine look like your K52 if I'm reading your post right.

848009300_s-l1600-2021-09-04T154700_302.thumb.jpg.308536d5c00041bc03208481278d62d1.jpg

yes , 

The midrange drivers in these speakers are the K52H made by Heppner for klipsch ---the stamping on the Drivers was changed by klipsch after Heppner died -

 

the  K52H  ... Heppner ,has a flat top ....... there is a mounting stub for the magnet in the center 

 

Here is the  k53k made by klipsch  -klipsch modified the shape of the magnet with a dome  to match the K22  woofer Magnet -

2  distinctive drivers although they were made with the same tooling 

image.jpeg.9bad115164e3b694156c64e66d658d58.jpeg

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, and I'm reading about the K52 which has a 1.5" diaphragm vs a K55...but the 52 should match up fine in the Heresy. Pardon my ignorance as I'm just trying to learn about my new Heresys. 

The seller will drop them off to me tomorrow. I'll post some photos and thoughts when I get them running.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Fast996 said:

Ok, and I'm reading about the K52 which has a 1.5" diaphragm vs a K55...but the 52 should match up fine in the Heresy. Pardon my ignorance as I'm just try to learn about my new Heresys. 

Nothing wrong with the K52H  or K53K -you can always swap a K55V in these k700 metal horns 

 

klipsch  used the K55V -K55M - K52H -K53K in the Heresy 1  , until 1985 with the introduction of the Heresy II  -the Heresy II  also  used the K53K which is based on the K52H -

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Just curious why you thought they were from 80/81?

Well I got the idea off another forum....stupid me. I should have researched here first. BTW I think the thread that put me on the wrong track was about the so called

"1.5" transition model. I found this on the Historian forum here. Makes sense given the year of manufacture.

So other than the crossover? and the woofer what else is different. Another thing has anybody converted a series 6 to a Klipsch II ? Worth doing? Not that I would do that.

Ok just noticed the tweeters are different so there is a big difference between them.

 

Another question is the Series 6 made of MDF or plywood ?

 

 

SIXTH series of Heresy (last version of Heresy I )

TW: K-77-M(Electrovoice T35 Ferrite)

MID HORN: K-701 (plastic material) + K-53-K

WOOFER: K-22-K

CROSSOVER: Type E2

 

 

Klipsch Heresy II (’90)

TW: K-76-K

MID HORN: K701 + K-53-K

WOOFER: K-24-K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

How are they sounding to you?

Would not be too concerned about what is in them.

Hi,

The seller will deliver them about 1'oclock PST so I'm patiently waiting....torture really. I'll post probably late after noon,photos and my thoughts on the SQ. 

 

Many on here said just enjoy your KHorns they will be fine and they were right.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Fast996 said:

Hi,

The seller will deliver them about 1'oclock PST so I'm patiently waiting....torture really. I'll post probably late after noon,photos and my thoughts on the SQ. 

 

Many on here said just enjoy your KHorns they will be fine and they were right.

So, you will be able to demo?

If so, take a look at them all around for damage. Or, is this a done deal?

Any concerns at this point about the transaction?

Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

So, you will be able to demo?

If so, take a look at them all around for damage. Or, is this a done deal?

Any concerns at this point about the transaction?

Thanks!

Done deal

Of course if they are mis represented then I get my money back. It was done on Ebay Paypal

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...