KLIPSCH KG-4 (Upgraded)

dan.derby

Klipsch KG-4

Tweeters (K-74-K) upgraded with titanium diaphragms from Crits Speakers.
Cross-overs upgraded with new caps and polyswitches, also from Crits.
Cabinets were totally refinished with multiple coast of textured paint & then finished with matte top coat.
Base platforms refinished in satin black.
Interior foam replaced with new foam (old foam can be included).
Fabric on speaker grills (magnetic attached) is like new.
Rear passive radiators dust covers have (typical) dimples. No audio impact.
They sound exquisite - driven by a good system.

Can be shipped at cost (FedEx boxing and shipping). Likely take two boxes. LIkely to be expensive.  

Currently located at New Hampshire seacoast area (north of Boston).

Set of detailed pictures at: https://www.danderby.com/p390908888

Would be happy to send link to restoration photos. Message me.

DSC00068.jpg

01-KLIPSCH KG-4.jpg

Thanks. Under water here so hope to update pricing over the weekend.  FYI, these were replaced by Fortes.  Also did a refurb on a set of RP-600Ms that someone had beaten with a chain.  Wife actually let me put them in living room!

• Like 1

Just now, Godataloss said:

Sharp looking setup.  Do you have better pics of the actual finish you got as a result?  

Not sure if these are better but the link above (https://www.danderby.com/p390908888) is all I have on line at the moment.  Be happy to shoot more in a couple days.  Maybe something really close?

5 minutes ago, dan.derby said:

Not sure if these are better but the link above (https://www.danderby.com/p390908888) is all I have on line at the moment.  Be happy to shoot more in a couple days.  Maybe something really close?

Those worked.  I like the look.  I think KG4s and Fortes (chorus, etc) can look particularly dated.  I'd have a hard time doing that if the cabs were in good shape however, lol.  GLWS.  I think KG4s are some of the most underrated in the Klipsch line.

28 minutes ago, Godataloss said:

Those worked.  I like the look.  I think KG4s and Fortes (chorus, etc) can look particularly dated.  I'd have a hard time doing that if the cabs were in good shape however, lol.  GLWS.  I think KG4s are some of the most underrated in the Klipsch line.

Agree!  I love them but the Fortes are a smidgen more complete, sound wise.  I enjoy updating them (and the RP-600Ms) to something of this century.  My wife's an interior designer, so the ole styles are too large and too ugly.  Getting the RP-600Ms into the living room was a life changer.  :8)

If anyone notices, one cabinet has a black space where the one original QA label left was. I carefully left it on (covered) when refinishing and then it disappeared.  If anyone interested in the speakers would like that section painted over to match the rest of the back, I can do that. 

Price/Cost on KG-4s:

KLIPSCH KG-4

$200 to $400 for usuable ones on C-List (i.e. good drivers and solid cabinet)

$400 to $600 on eBay (Shipping $0 to $125.00)

CRITES REBUILD KIT KG-4 CROSSOVERS:  NOTE: This kit includes polyswitches.

Series 1 (Sonicaps): $175 Shipping $9.00 Installation: ?

DIAPHRAGMS (Crites) for Klipsch Tweeters for KG Series 

Titanium Diaphragms:  $54.00 per pair. Shipping is $9.00 Installation: ?

DISASSEMBLE, STRIP, SAND AND PAINT (All surfaces - primer, texture, paint & topcoat)

6 to 10 Hours @ $?/hr = ?

SALES PRICE: $750.00 + packing / shipping (at cost) from 03862