Initial Forte IV Impressions

Calibuck

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Because I drove their current line yesterday and was curious for an opinion, as you stated they are very nice cars. 

The Stelvio  is  a very reliable , even long term  70k miles  ,  excellent overall    in winter-snow-

-Giulia , great car  , light -but  definitely not a car for the North country winters -  last Car 4C  , special car -

4 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Giulia , great car  , light -but  definitely not a car for the North country winters -  last Car 4C  , special car -

I'm waiting.... Looking at VOLKSWAGEN strongly, the CEO claims that they will CRUSH all competition in EV given enough time.   There is A LOT speculation about the R line for EV..... Their racing heritage as of recent hints of fantastic things to come.  #Fanboy 

10 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

No Madan. Rs4, 1000 hp is real and maintenance is easy (I can do it myself). Macan, NIGHTMARE and STUPID expensive for any issue that will ALWAYS arrive.  

Porsche , you have to be on the warranty and even have an extended warranty , same thing with MB - the warranty is out , you sell the car asap  , we live in the North Country so , we have a lot more problems -

1 minute ago, RandyH said:

yeah , Porsche , you have to be on the warranty and even have an extended warranty , same thing with MB - the warranty is out , you sell the car asap  , we live in the North Country so , we have a lot more problems -

Anywhere you live, warranty is up, I sell. BMW the same.  I would have CONFIDENTLY beat the shit out of my 2015 Golf R knowing what an engine rebuild/ long block (already had a hybrid turbo underperforming) costs... 

14 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

My golf R, I had A LOT of fun with it before I sold it..   Let's just say, I would have to step up to an 800 WHP RS3 (ELECTRIC) or better before the difference would make sense... 

Electric car , not for me , we take trips in remote areas about 1000 miles up north in Canada , some places have 200 miles  between civilisation  , minus  50 celcius in the winter , you get stuck with an Electric car   , you freeze to death  , Electric is fine , but in the cold weather , the batteries take a big hit   -

2 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Electric car , not for me , we take trips in remote areas about 1000 miles up north in Canada , some places have 200 miles  between civilisation  , minus  50 celcius in the winter , you get stuck with an Electric car   , you freeze to death  , Electric is fine , but in the cold weather , the batteries take a big hit   -

Let me repeat, I have a 2021 accord hybrid fully loaded and I LOVE it.... To get me to an electric car.... Wouldn't take much, but performance is my MAIN focus. Sorry to anyone that owns here, but I wouldn't touch TESLA with a 100 foot pole for 30 reasons under the sun.  I'll wait. More competitors, more options, longer range, lower price. No need for government redeemeption. Wait for solid state.   Toyota already has it (ironic as hell as Toyota has the most gas guzzlers and continues 5o ramp up production oj of them).  Has is headed toward $5 a gallon by my place and I can't control it. So, I deal with over 40 mpg every day instead, **** California. 

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Oh, it gets better.  Electric cars are mandated here in less than 10 years.  If you DON'T own one, you will pay for one (they are looking to tax ICE vehicles PER mile here in commiefornia any day now). 

they re going to tax electric cars just the same , when you plug in your car , the electric meter is going to register the mileage , and send the info back to the State , next time you plug the car , they will tax you on the mileage between each charge ,  on your electrical bill , that's why they want all electric cars on the road ---all cars will be taxed a road mileage  tax - the less you drive , the less you pay -

1 minute ago, RandyH said:

they re going to tax electric cars just the same , when you plug in your car , the electric meter is going to register the mileage , and send the info back to the State , next time you plug the car , they will tax you on the mileage between each charge ,  on your electrical bill , that's why they want all electric cars on the road ---all cars will be taxed a road mileage  tax - the less you drive , the less you pay -

Perhaps.   I say good luck. Unless electric plug in meters from far back in the day have upgradable software (most around me), I would like to see them make that jump. If that is true, would be CHEAPER to own a C63 AMG no?  Just say, yes so I can go buy one.  👌