Initial Forte IV Impressions

Calibuck

51 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

OK, i was thinking if engine diplacement was important for You, as the 204 C63s are the last true "big" V8s.

Displacement isn't as important anymore.  Boost and safe tuning potential has me more intrigued. Electric, more so.  But, it isn't at a place that commands me to buy YET. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Don't hear my wrong, maybe you disagree. I'm saying that in person, I feel he's different. Very passionate, very personal and extremely relaxed. His videos come off differently TO ME.   My 2 cents. This is from a guy say he respects the guy after meeting him several times and talking at length about all thing audio and otherwise. 

9 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Don't hear my wrong, maybe you disagree. I'm saying that in person, I feel he's different. Very passionate, very personal and extremely relaxed. His videos come off differently TO ME.   My 2 cents. This is from a guy say he respects the guy after meeting him several times and talking at length about all thing audio and otherwise. 

I completely agree with you about Kevin. He is very passionate about many things and doesn’t hold back in sharing his excitement. I have read things on the Internet that speak negative about him and that was not my experience. Being around him you can feel he just wants to share his positive experiences. He did not try and sell me or upsell me in any way. No selling at all or talking crap about products they don’t sell at Upscale. The service at Upscale has been stellar as was the service Cory gave me at Paducah. So much chatter on the Internet sounds more like envy rather than people’s actual personal experiences.over the last 40 plus years neither myself nor anyone in my family has ever had a bad experience buying gear thru authorized Klipsch dealers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RandyH said:

The Stelvio  is  a very reliable , even long term  70k miles  ,  excellent overall    in winter-snow-

-Giulia , great car  , light -but  definitely not a car for the North country winters -  last Car 4C  , special car -

Drove new Stelvio and Giulia. Well constructed, quality materials, solid being a new vehicle. Coming from big displacement American V8 the 2L turbo feels very anemic although 280 hp from a 2 L is impressive. The used Quadrifoglio I drove is a different story. A beast I  give consideration - 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fido said:

Macho macho macho man. Love those long lenses and if I had a big house I’d have some Jubes and Danley Subs 😎 but I don’t have a big house so those crappy tiny distorted Forte IVs with no micro details, no bass and zero transient response will have to do. I also want a 400mm f 2.8 to shoot my favorite cats and dogs.

See, I knew I could "ring your chimes" with my Smarta$$ comment! That's what you get for poking the big horn BEAR! LOL.....................................FYI, a retired policeman friend who was a surveillance photographer in Detroit, just gave me an old 800 mm manual focus lens. I just have to fix the mount. Should be fun adapted to a Sony A7R III, which has fabulous manual focus capabilities!

• Like 1

Just now, ClaudeJ1 said:

See, I knew I could "ring your chimes" with my Smarta$$ comment! That's what you get for poking the big horn BEAR! LOL.

You my friend are easy to poke and my family chastises me forever poke poke poke lol love the different of those long lenses

29 minutes ago, Fido said:

You my friend are easy to poke and my family chastises me forever poke poke poke lol love the different of those long lenses

That's what friends are for. The lens is an M42 Pentax Achromatic Doublet (not a Telephoto design), similar to old Leica that cost $20,000 in the 60's, and if you bought one, you got a free Volkswagen to transport you to your shooting site!

The lens is physically almost 40 inches long and is f/8 wide open. An Achromat is a cemented 2-element lens, so the CONTRAST is theoretically great since there are only 2 air-glass surfaces. You can only make them into 400 mm Plus Focal Lengths because only about a 3 degree projection is the "sharp center" in an otherwise field of Spherical Aberrations.

You can only use Achromats at Full Focal length distance and this one comes in two, all Black Aluminum halves that have to be screwed together when you pull them out of the Leather case. 

49 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

That's what friends are for. The lens is an M42 Pentax Achromatic Doublet (not a Telephoto design), similar to old Leica that cost $20,000 in the 60's, and if you bought one, you got a free Volkswagen to transport you to your shooting site!

The lens is physically almost 40 inches long and is f/8 wide open. An Achromat is a cemented 2-element lens, so the CONTRAST is theoretically great since there are only 2 air-glass surfaces. You can only make them into 400 mm Plus Focal Lengths because only about a 3 degree projection is the "sharp center" in an otherwise field of Spherical Aberrations.

You can only use Achromats at Full Focal length distance and this one comes in two, all Black Aluminum halves that have to be screwed together when you pull them out of the Leather case. 

More trivia that chicks dig hearing about on their first dates with Claude’. Almost as good as oysters😼

34 minutes ago, Fido said:

More trivia that chicks dig hearing about on their first dates with Claude’. Almost as good as oysters😼

ROFLMAO on that one! Yeah, as if I would ever say anything remotely close to this for chick, unless she was an Optical Engineer, which would be extremely rare. I did use to work with female engineers in my other life, back in the 80's, but they were clearly a minority among male dominance in that industry! That being said, they are still Women First and Engineers Second. Such is life.

You are frikkin' hilarious though, I must say.

• Haha 1

This is a funny thread. And it has great evidence from my point of view. Because all the conversations about a hi-fi dealer (whose videos even I know in Germany) and European cars show only one thing: complete satisfaction with the Klipsch Forte 4 after the happy owners all enthusiastically described their speaker. If it were not so, then perhaps we would talk about less good aspects and not about cars. The best award the Klipsch Forte 4 can get.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:21 PM, RandyH said:

He should be wearing an Armani suit , but still wears Jeans and Tshirts , oh yeah ,  the Platinum Rolex is the Classy Touch 

I find it humorous that someone would gush over the humbleness of his T-shirt and the extravagance of a 6 digit platinum Rolex, all at the same time.  Might as well just say I have a total man crush on the sexy beast.  

• Haha 1

Leave it to the Klipsch forum to have someone ask a question about specific speakers and the answers be everything under the sun not related to speakers or even audio. Impressions about Forte IV speakers? Hmmm?

answer- Rolex, Porsche, VW, tshirts, Alfa, electric cars, long lenses, etc etc, etc 😷

1 hour ago, Fido said:

Leave it to the Klipsch forum to have someone ask a question about specific speakers and the answers be everything under the sun not related to speakers or even audio. Impressions about Forte IV speakers? Hmmm?

answer- Rolex, Porsche, VW, tshirts, Alfa, electric cars, long lenses, etc etc, etc 😷

ooooooops , we forgot Vettes -

On 9/25/2021 at 11:43 AM, RandyH said:

ooooooops , we forgot Vettes -

Nobody mentioned Vettes! But here is my C7 Grand Sport at one of my favorite beaches since you mentioned Vettes - I threw out the crappy Bose system an replaced it with a great sounding audio system with an Arc Class D Amp with DSP, Diamond componet Separate Speakers, a JL AUDIO sub. It just adds so much driving enjoyment when I am not listening to the exhaust. A technician from ARC Audio came to my installers shop and dialed the system in with his laptop! Hoooyah

5EC23EC7-A4E9-4FEA-8F45-963D16EA359A.jpeg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

You all are making me feel bad. I just bought a pair of Forte llls a few weeks ago and I'm deep in the infatuation stage just getting to know them better and better and you guys come along telling me the lVs are SOOOOOO much better.

I'm also the guy who was traumatized to learn that there were at least 28 flavors of ice cream beyond vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.

• Haha 2