Initial Forte IV Impressions

Calibuck

On 11/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, Idontknow said:

It’s like hearing the difference between a flugelhorn to an actual trumpet. In a flugelhorn the sound is more spread out, less coherent compared to a trumpet. IMHO the Heresy reproduces the coherent sound of a trumpet more realistically or faithfully than the Forte IV for example. 

Have over the messages from "idontknow" and may be girls from 18 to 25 years old will be fascinated how good are you speaking and thinking. But I'm a boy 51 years old and I have big experience from my life how I need think alone. 

I heard Heresy III and IV and also Forte III and IV. 

What are you speaking it's just your POV, not more. 

On 9/8/2021 at 9:29 PM, Fido said:

Several months ago I purchased a pair of beautiful Cherry Forte IVs to replace my 1986 Forte 1s I had inherited from my father. I also added a set of the lambswool grills and man oh man the combo is stunning. I power these with a Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated amp and to my ears the IVs are a major improvement over my upgraded Forte 1s. The number one thing I notice is the incredible sound stage. It is much larger in width and depth and vocals are much better centered. It makes me feel like the artists are playing live right in front of me in my living room. Bass is deep and very punchy, the midrange is fabulous and the highs are more accurate without being fatiguing. I love my system with the new Forte IVs as my mains. In my mind they are a major improvement and fill my home with incredible music. There isn’t a genre of music that I have heard that doesn’t  sound freaking fantastic with the IVs.

84CBB20C-C146-4824-863C-03D77007EC40_1_105_c.jpg

Where does one purchase these lambs wool grills? I’ve recently discovered that I much prefer the sound of my Cornwall IVs with the grills off, it definitely has a more crisp, more lively sound with the grills off, and I’m confident I could discern it blindly.

But damn those grills look amazing on your FIVs!  

On 11/11/2021 at 6:40 AM, Idontknow said:

Many of the reviews in these forums are fanboy reviews. By that I mean that whenever something new is produced, most people go in with the belief that it’s automatically better. That’s a bunch of BS in my book and I’ve seen countless amazing products get tossed aside as a result.  I wish people would get off these silly bandwagons and get real for a change. Throw all the marketing crap aside and open their minds instead of acting like a herd of cattle falling off a mountain with the rest of them.

For example, many of these YouTube hifi channels who rant about the latest hifi gear, candy coat their reviews so as not to offend the companies that sent it. I bet if I blind tested these guys most would fail miserably, in fact, I know they would.  Most of these YouTube charades have reached an epoch absurdity in trying to increase their subscriber count as a means to a living rather than being openly honest and constructive about the ups and downs of newer gear.  

What is it “specifically” that’s improved or unimproved? Based on this forum I get none of that with regard to the Forte IV. Take SVS for example. Everybody thinks they gotta have an SVS, are you freaking kidding me? Like there’s no other good sub companies out there? Most of this nonsense comes from marketing and parroting rather than blind tested or open minded reviews.  Some of these people need some George Carlin in their lives so they could learn some logic for a change.

Interesting, I feel the same way about comments made on forums by forum members. 

I take most things written with a grain of salt and relay mostly on my experience.

RIP George Carlin.

4 hours ago, CoryGillmore said:

Where does one purchase these lambs wool grills? I’ve recently discovered that I much prefer the sound of my Cornwall IVs with the grills off, it definitely has a more crisp, more lively sound with the grills off, and I’m confident I could discern it blindly.

But damn those grills look amazing on your FIVs!  

I special ordered the Lambswool Grills from Paducah when I purchased the Forte IVs - my wife and I love the look of the cherry and lambswool grills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southern said:

Interesting, I feel the same way about comments made on forums by forum members. 

I take most things written with a grain of salt and relay mostly on my experience.

RIP George Carlin.

This might be true but I appreciate when people give feedback of products they actually use on a regular basis. I can sit in my hot spot and tell a significant difference in many ways from my Forte 1s versus my Forte IVs. The 1s are great speakers! The IVs have a wider and deeper sound stage, the bass is more punchy on the IVs, the transition of the midrange to the tweeter is smoother and the IVs present a much more centered image. 

On 9/8/2021 at 10:29 PM, Fido said:

84CBB20C-C146-4824-863C-03D77007EC40_1_105_c.jpg

All you need now is to cut loose about 5 Grand for a new 85" LG 4K OLED TV with those incredible "self lit pixels." Only a 77" was available (now 3 grand at Costco) at that price 2 years ago.

Yours is way too small and looks like a postage stamp compared to the rest of your gear. You need excellence in Video in concert with your Audio in the same proportions!! You'll thank me later.

21 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

All you need now is to cut loose about 5 Grand for a new 85" LG 4K OLED TV with those incredible "self lit pixels." Only a 77" was available (now 3 grand at Costco) at that price 2 years ago.

Yours is way too small and looks like a postage stamp compared to the rest of your gear. You need excellence in Video in concert with your Audio in the same proportions!! You'll thank me later.

I’m sure you are right about that and would love an 85” lg 4k OLED tv. I already have the car that acts as a male unit extension so I’m covered when I drive. It’s only when I watch my puny 55” TV in the privacy of my living room where my lack of Manhood becomes blatantly obvious. Lol

Merry Christmas Claude

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fido said:

I’m sure you are right about that and would love an 85” lg 4k OLED tv. I already have the car that acts as a male unit extension so I’m covered when I drive. It’s only when I watch my puny 55” TV in the privacy of my living room where my lack of Manhood becomes blatantly obvious. Lol

Merry Christmas Claude

In case you didn't know, I enjoy spending other people's money via suggestive selling. LOL. 5 Grand is chump change compared to the 130 my good friend of over 4 decades just spent on a convertible C8 the same color as yours. That thing is like a space ship. I can't wait to drive it in the spring when the snow melts and it goes from garage jewelry (like his original red '64 in mint shape) to flying down the road in "mode 4."

• Like 1

She's no Corvette but she is paid for! 2009 Nissan 370Z Sport/Touring with a 6-speed manual transmission. 

I just had a paint correction and ceramic coating applied last weekend. I can't believe how well it turned out. The paint was swirled terribly before the polish. It looks damn near brand new now, very pleased how it turned out. 

In October I had a few mods installed and had it tuned on a Dyno. She makes 332hp at the wheels now, which may not sound like much by today's standards, but trust me it's more than enough to get yourself in trouble, in more ways than one!

Nissan rates these cars at 332hp at the crank from the factory, so she's making close to 400hp at the crank now. 

resized.thumb.JPG.e9952825dd858ea348743de7c9450f8c.JPG

1000739518_resized2.thumb.JPG.c4b38ff8f51d2db5971cc62a623fc365.JPG

You can see how bad the headlights were in this bottom pic from October! They look brand new in the top pic! They were wet sanded and ceramic coated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

In case you didn't know, I enjoy spending other people's money via suggestive selling. LOL. 5 Grand is chump change compared to the 130 my good friend of over 4 decades just spent on a convertible C8 the same color as yours. That thing is like a space ship. I can't wait to drive it in the spring when the snow melts and it goes from garage jewelry (like his original red '64 in mint shape) to flying down the road in "mode 4."

Well aware of your desire to always encourage others to spend their hard earned $$$$ but I agree with that philosophy. You can’t take it with you.

$130k for a C8 is worth it if you have it. Fun fun fun

6 minutes ago, CoryGillmore said:

She's no Corvette but she is paid for! 2009 Nissan 370Z Sport/Touring with a 6-speed manual transmission. 

I just had a paint correction and ceramic coating applied last weekend. I can't believe how well it turned out. The paint was swirled terribly before the polish. It looks damn near brand new now, very pleased how it turned out. 

In October I had a few mods installed and had it tuned on a Dyno. She makes 332hp at the wheels now, which may not sound like much by today's standards, but trust me it's more than enough to get yourself in trouble, in more ways than one!

Nissan rates these cars at 332hp at the crank from the factory, so she's making close to 400hp at the crank now. 

resized.thumb.JPG.e9952825dd858ea348743de7c9450f8c.JPG

1000739518_resized2.thumb.JPG.c4b38ff8f51d2db5971cc62a623fc365.JPG

You can see how bad the headlights were in this bottom pic from October! They look brand new in the top pic! They were wet sanded and ceramic coated. 

Your car looks beautiful. I just ceramic coated my car last week. Also very happy with it. 400 hp is plenty. Be safe.

B79E07AF-3867-49D9-930C-26133538531C.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

from windshield forward and ceramic coat the rest. SOOOO easy to wash but man this thing makes brake dust.

See how easy it was to go from Forte IV to 4K TV, to Cars when the point was to make a TV more proportional to your Stereo Setup with proportional expenses in the mix? I don't object to Tangents as much as others do unless it really goes "off the rails" so to speak!