Klipsch Heresy Owners Group

wuzzzer

Westcoastdrums,

when I got the stands I feared the Heresys would become 'lean', but they are as full-bodied and have as much bass as their specs allow and as can be desired. I must say that I only regret the original plinths on the grounds of aesthetics. I sincerely feel no need for a sub. I am aware that the use of 'full' stands is often recommended here, but in all honesty I have been a member of the Naim Audio forum for years and I think I have learned to think with my own head and listen with my own ears. 🙃

Thanks for your contribution,

Max

• Like 1

Have a set of '81 HBR H1's which were pretty rough looking when I picked them up. Made new rear panels with 5-way posts, re-sealed them, new midrange horn gaskets and a new veneer using white oak. Also threw some solid maple risers together to finish the look. Oh and rebuilt Type-E crossovers since I had all the parts laying around and selling the originals paid for the veneer. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

2 hours ago, zeagan said:

Have a set of '81 HBR H1's which were pretty rough looking when I picked them up. Made new rear panels with 5-way posts, re-sealed them, new midrange horn gaskets and a new veneer using white oak. Also threw some solid maple risers together to finish the look. Oh and rebuilt Type-E crossovers since I had all the parts laying around and selling the originals paid for the veneer. 

Those are beautiful. You should be proud of your work on those. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MC39693 said:

@Westcoastdrums... very interesting! I bet you weren’t expecting that much difference... but all is well now?

Well, I haven't critically listened to them yet. Just had them put in the garage screwing with them and did a little shindig at work with them in a LARGE room. I had to pick soem jaws up off the floor, but now they have new tweeters.... Haha. I was shocked. I have owned A LOT of Klipsch Speakers and have never seen the ball dropped so strongly before.. 

8 hours ago, zeagan said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngOMG those are soooo sexy looking. 

A lot of great Heresy set-ups i see here! 

This week i changed the gaskets of the mid-horns on mine, quick and easy. Fourty years have gotten the old seals very flat and "semi-flexible"... Everything was tight with the old seals, still, with the new seals imaging seems to have improved. This could be coincidence, since i wiggeled some wires here and there and the cabinets positions have changed a little bit, i guess. Have to listen to more music still.

Anyway, i like what i´m hearing.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:34 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Check this out, my KP250s are 2 serial numbers apart and one is ported, one isn't.  One was a pain in the *** to install Dave A's LMAHL tweeters on, the other easy.   I feel I should get a few pair of heresy IV B stock for the slip up.   It's only fair... 

01515_4xMHYGWqW33z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_bKURid2GkvRz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Wow. Hard to believe no one's noticed previously...

12 minutes ago, chassell said:

Wow. Hard to believe no one's noticed previously...

Previous owner was the original owner that, purchased the in the 90s he told me.  He was a classical music composer and he loved these speakers and took them with him all over the place. When I took the tweeter and squawker out, the wood make a nice "crack" sound (first time taken apart certainly).   Great find I say. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Previous owner was the original owner that, purchased the in the 90s he told me.  He was a classical music composer and he loved these speakers and took them with him all over the place. When I took the tweeter and squawker out, the wood make a nice "crack" sound (first time taken apart certainly).   Great find I say. 

OK, but that still doesn't explain how one is ported and the other is not....?

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, wetowne said:

One of my Heresy III special editions. The other one looks just like this one. What makes it special is the  titanium grill with the script logo, the flat black finish and a signed tag on the back.

H3.jpg

Stunning , absolutely beautiful Retro style