Klipsch Heresy Owners Group

wuzzzer

1 hour ago, Micklipsch said:

Couldn’t just go disobeying OO1 now, could I? :)

Thanks, man! 

So consensus on this vintage is to leave everything alone? Don’t mess with diaphragms, X/Os unless I want a newer Heresy sound?

I replaced the oil can caps in my Heresys because most were leaking.  I ordered them from JEM Performance Audio, an authorized Klipsch network rebuild company.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I replaced the oil can caps in my Heresys because most were leaking.  I ordered them from JEM Performance Audio, an authorized Klipsch network rebuild company.

Yes, leaking is one thing and certainly those need replaced. It just seems that most caps aren’t bad and probably don’t need replaced. I replaced the original oil caps  in my first pair of Heresys, they looked just fine, shiny & new. I couldn’t hear a difference. They sounded the same to me. 

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Uh oh...now you have broken the seal.🤔

1 hour ago, M_Klipsches said:

Nice. Those look great, and should sound as good as they look. Don’t change anything but since you’ve opened them, you might as well check the connections, tighten, and clean (if necessary).

Did I commit sacrilege or something? Serious question. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Enjoy those Heresy...I do!

Thank you brotha! I thoroughly intend to.

Was a little disappointed the dude took the banana adaptors off that were shown in the pics. I would’ve ordered some days sooner so now gotta wait til Sunday. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Micklipsch said:

Thank you brotha! I thoroughly intend to.

Was a little disappointed the dude took the banana adaptors off that were shown in the pics. I would’ve ordered some days sooner so now gotta wait til Sunday. 

Yes, those Are cool. At least you made a deal covering your fuel. And hopefully a decent road trip. Always happy scoring a decent set. Those will most definitely do. As wuz said

Fantastic...!

• Like 3

Yes, biamping something else.

No need with your speakers.

Read up on it here in the archive, or your browser if interested. Reams of information on a really popular speaker.

Now you have access to the whole forum.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

I was thinking the same as I just ordered them while heading back to get faster. Free returns so no bigs 

I use these on my Heritage speakers. The spade adapters that I’ve tried didn’t fit, or were prone to come loose. These work like a charm. 

https://www.parts-express.com/Lil-Piggies-Binding-Posts-to-Lead-Wire-Adapter-Set-Red-and-B-091-1262?quantity=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Micklipsch said:

Kind of figured but the posts and bridges made me wonder. This’s my first set of speakers not using banana jack posts or those spring clamps. 

Got these coming Sunday. 

01D6F1BC-1DB9-48AE-B160-E6C201560597.jpeg

0575E4BD-1D75-4685-B063-DA6E409092FB.jpeg

Let us know how it works on a longer term "approximately 6 months" setup. I was think about getting a pair if it holds up pretty well.

11 hours ago, M_Klipsches said:

I use these on my Heritage speakers. The spade adapters that I’ve tried didn’t fit, or were prone to come loose. These work like a charm. 

https://www.parts-express.com/Lil-Piggies-Binding-Posts-to-Lead-Wire-Adapter-Set-Red-and-B-091-1262?quantity=1

Originally I was just going to get something like those but the seller had these on and I thought it gave a clean fixed look. 

42232FC5-1215-474A-9974-D25EEE64AE09.jpeg

• Like 1