Klipsch Heresy Owners Group

wuzzzer

9 hours ago, CCG said:

Let us know how it works on a longer term "approximately 6 months" setup. I was think about getting a pair if it holds up pretty well.

Be happy to. 

Whats the 49 mean here? I searched through the heritage thread and didn’t see or missed its significance. It’s 49 on both speaker tags. 

390E899A-B209-4C05-A660-709E8A9F83ED.jpeg

Just now, Micklipsch said:

Be happy to. 

Whats the 49 mean here? I searched through the heritage thread and didn’t see or missed its significance. It’s 49 on both speaker tags. 

390E899A-B209-4C05-A660-709E8A9F83ED.jpeg

It’s something like the batch number or similar.  I think someone once said it indicates the number of how many of that model were made that day or week or something along those lines.

• Thanks 1

So about the grilles. Is it pretty common for these to fade to purple like this? Kind of irksome. Not sure if the burgundy was prone to it and black wasn’t. You can see where the folded over parts that touch the motorboard are the original burgundy, or brown, then the faces are 100% evenly faded.

I was thinking maybe left in full heavy sun everyday for decades albeit odd because the cabinet finishes show zero sun wear. Then I was thinking were they erroneously bleached or something while cleaning, but then the folded over flaps would show this too. 

326DE5D5-DE43-4F2F-8237-DE9A42CDFB54.jpeg

DDB97467-2DF7-4BFB-9256-81CA38823EA0.jpeg

3F23AF18-0B0B-405F-AAE2-D4C292F0850B.jpeg

EDD0BCF7-A027-45D8-8379-18B932775C9D.jpeg

096C9F55-E067-418C-AC4A-BB0FFFA24829.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

Originally I was just going to get something like those but the seller had these on and I thought it gave a clean fixed look. 

42232FC5-1215-474A-9974-D25EEE64AE09.jpeg

I´ve been using these adapters for almost two years now. They didn´t come loose once, just tighten the bolts of the original posts good once.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

So about the grilles. Is it pretty common for these to fade to purple like this? Kind of irksome. Not sure if the burgundy was prone to it and black wasn’t. You can see where the folded over parts that touch the motorboard are the original burgundy, or brown, then the faces are 100% evenly faded.

I was thinking maybe left in full heavy sun everyday for decades albeit odd because the cabinet finishes show zero sun wear. Then I was thinking were they erroneously bleached or something while cleaning, but then the folded over flaps would show this too. 

326DE5D5-DE43-4F2F-8237-DE9A42CDFB54.jpeg

DDB97467-2DF7-4BFB-9256-81CA38823EA0.jpeg

3F23AF18-0B0B-405F-AAE2-D4C292F0850B.jpeg

EDD0BCF7-A027-45D8-8379-18B932775C9D.jpeg

096C9F55-E067-418C-AC4A-BB0FFFA24829.jpeg

My original black fabric was over 40 years old and had not bleached... I the end it was death by cat, and it was replaced with fabric sold by Michael Crites. Colors in photos can be misleading, but if Yours has bleached evenly, I don´t find it half bad. Maybe leave them be as they are? It´s patina.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndreG. said:

My original black fabric was over 40 years old and had not bleached... I the end it was death by cat, and it was replaced with fabric sold by Michael Crites. Colors in photos can be misleading, but if Yours has bleached evenly, I don´t find it half bad. Maybe leave them be as they are? It´s patina.

Yeah, I was sort of thinking that, and a friend was saying the same too. Patina… Great way of looking at it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Micklipsch said:

Yeah, I was sort of thinking that, and a friend was saying the same too. Patina… Great way of looking at it.

Yep, I’ve seen that on several older Klipsch I’ve had.

One thing I’ve done to every vintage Klipsch speaker I’ve purchased is soak the grilles in lukewarm water in the tub along with some Dawn or mild dish soap.  It’ll remove years of potential cigarette smoke and odor, odor, etc.  Rinse them off with the shower nozzle and set them upright overnight on a towel to dry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Yep, I’ve seen that on several older Klipsch I’ve had.

One thing I’ve done to every vintage Klipsch speaker I’ve purchased is soak the grilles in lukewarm water in the tub along with some Dawn or mild dish soap.  It’ll remove years of potential cigarette smoke and odor, odor, etc.  Rinse them off with the shower nozzle and set them upright overnight on a towel to dry.

I did basically that with my Epic's grilles as they were filthy from years of neglect in a basement. They came out real nice, too. But those have plastic frames. I'd be afraid to do that with fibrous frames--I didn't inspect closely but aren't H1s some sort of coated fiber board?

20 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

I did basically that with my Epic's grilles as they were filthy from years of neglect in a basement. They came out real nice, too. But those have plastic frames. I'd be afraid to do that with fibrous frames--I didn't inspect closely but aren't H1s some sort of coated fiber board?

Whatever it is all the ones I’ve cleaned as I described have been fine.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

Also noticed my squakers just have the red K55V stamp, not the emblem like on the others. Chalk it up to factory being out of them perhaps. 

image.pngimage.png.42a2893cd1494e01f96aefee6bc33be4.png

it's a pretty special Heresy ,  klipsch used to hand select every driver  , they only kept the best , the rest were sent back    the Alnico k-77 diaphragm  in the 77-78 have  Beryllium copper leads  , 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OO1 said:

it's a pretty special Heresy ,  klipsch used to hand select every driver  , they only kept the best , the rest were sent back    the Alnico k-77 diaphragm  in the 77-78 have  Beryllium copper leads  , 

Very cool. So the lack of emblem on the squakers are of no consequence then—purely aesthetics?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Micklipsch said:

Very cool. So the lack of emblem on the squakers are of no consequence then—purely aesthetics?

yes , the red stamp was only used in 77 -78  klipsch speakers  , optional was the cane grille .267520525_IMG_20210228_121419(1).thumb.jpg.817f543c80f8ad60b847c773ac79c23c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1