Amp pairing RP-600M

ali_alsaadi

Hi everyone,

Im looking to get the RP-600M and just can't decide on the amp. 

Thought about the Yamaha A-S501, would that be enough to get the full/most potential? Or does anyone have a better recommendation in the same price range? 

I will only connect the Project debut carbon evo turntable and maybe later a WiFi module. 

Looking forward to get some feedback, thanks!

Edited by ali_alsaadi

My RP160M speakers, the predecessors of the RP600M, are driven by a 1970s H/K 430 receiver. I've had a couple of other amps connected, included tube amps, but this is for me the best amp. So you may consider using  a vintage amp - they come cheap and sound amazing!

If you buy new, I would make sure it also has bluetooth and wifi inside. It will greatly reduce the number of cables and powerplugs.

Buy a separate phono stage.

Take a look at competitively priced Denon and Marantz microsystems.

Don't worry about the wattage. It's the first couple of watts that is important with these sensitive (efficient) speakers.

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

My RP160M speakers, the predecessors of the RP600M, are driven by a 1970s H/K 430 receiver. I've had a couple of other amps connected, included tube amps, but this is for me the best amp. So you may consider using  a vintage amp - they come cheap and sound amazing!

If you buy new, I would make sure it also has bluetooth and wifi inside. It will greatly reduce the number of cables and powerplugs.

Buy a separate phono stage.

Take a look at competitively priced Denon and Marantz microsystems.

Don't worry about the wattage. It's the first couple of watts that is important with these sensitive (efficient) speakers.

Hey, 

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Do you have a recommendation for Denon or Marantz Systems?