Tricky question! LCR surround setup using La Scalas at the mains and a horizontal center channel...

jbmoonchild

I'm in the market for some La Scalas for my living room stereo system / television setup. I listen to a lot of music in there and I'm real excited about the La Scalas on that front. However, we also use the living room speakers as our TV mains. We aren't big movie people so it's mostly good old Netflix and HBO shows. I'd like to add a center channel to the setup, mostly because I really appreciate having a "dedicated" dialogue channel when watching TV.

It seems like the suggestions here would mostly be to buy a third La Scala or buy a Heresy to fill in that center channel. My issue is that we really don't have room for a full floor standing speaker like that as we have a nice TV stand setup. What makes the MOST sense for us is to have the La Scalas a mains and to add some sort of traditional center bar like the R-34C. Just how much of a disaster will that be? I know the reference line and the heritage stuff don't "match" but am I better off with NO center channel or with a center channel that sounds a little brighter than the mains?

Any other options or ideas? The wife really doesn't want to adjust our TV stand setup so getting rid of the TV stand to add a Heresy isn't really an option.

Edited by jbmoonchild

On 9/12/2021 at 11:47 AM, jbmoonchild said:

My issue is that we really don't have room for a full floor standing speaker like that as we have a nice TV stand setup. What makes the MOST sense for us is to have the La Scalas a mains and to add some sort of traditional center bar like the R-34C

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your quest...Fwiw, the most common predicament for Heritage owners who want to go multichannel is the size of the center channel.